ɴɪɴᴇ

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ

Author note: Well, I know we all hate Finnick after the last chapter, and I will be honest with you

Author note: Well, I know we all hate Finnick after the last chapter, and I will be honest with you. This chapter will make it not better.

 This chapter will make it not better

"I don't understand him, Franci. Well, okay, he's right about one thing. But he threw a glass at me! If I hadn't ducked, it would have hit me! I haven't seen anyone that angry since..." Francesca and Mary were both standing at the shooting station as they both talked about yesterday's action.

"He's an asshole." Mary nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, he is."

"But he's a hot dick." Mary nodded before looking strangely at Francesca.

"FRANCESCA!"

"What, you know that's true. I mean, look at him, he's a hot dick. He literally gives big dick energy." Francesca laughed when she saw Mary's face.

"God, you're disgusting. I'm 13, for God's sake. I didn't need to know that." She shook her head with a disgusted look.

"Yeah, and I'm 16, so let my horny thoughts be my horny thoughts." Mary picked up the gun, loaded it, aimed it, and fired. The force of the shot made her take a few steps backward as she looked at the target with wide eyes. Hit, right in the heart. "Woah, are you sure you haven't done that before?" For the last few weeks, she'd been more focused on combat than weapons. She knew how to use a bow and a trident, so why practice again and let the other tributes see what she could do?

"I did it once when I was about 8. But I was really terrible then." At the time, she shot her father in the foot, who was standing next to her.

"Now, five years later, you're excellent."

"If others could see that, too." Her gaze went to one particular boy who was training her district partner. Finnick turned to her and waved with a small smile. Mary just turned back around and took another shot at the target, shooting perfectly between the eyes.

As Mary continued to practice, Francesca looked over at him dreamily. "He really threw a glass at you? I thought he was a sweet angel." She looked dreamily over at him again before gathering herself and looking at Mary. "I'm sure it's against some rule."