Chapter 14: Forgiven

"Catgirl!" I could hear someone calling for me. "Catgirl!" I wanted to yell at them to leave me alone, but I didn't want everyone finding me. I heared the door open and shut, then the lamp came on in this small room. "Catgirl what are you doing?" It was Robin.

"Leave me alone!" I screamed. "I'm a monster. Good guys don't hang out with monsters." I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Cat." Robin's voice was soft. "You're not a monster. It wasn't-"

"YES IT WAS!" I cried out, turning fully to look at him. "I created those bombs, I allowed Joker to capture me, I'm the one who... who couldn't fight back." I sighed and looked down. "Worst of all... I hurt you." I slowly looked at him and reached my hand up to move the T-Shirts collar away from his neck to see the slight bruising that I'd caused. "Does it hurt?" I said, gingerly running my hand over the mark. He stopped my hand with his and I jumped at the contact. "Does this?" He asked, pressing his hand on my left side, the one with the burn on it. "No, but I know it's never going to heal." I could feel tear stream down my face, but I gave a small laugh in spite of it. "Cat are you-" I cut him off as I wrapped my arms around him.

"I'm so sorry Dick. I'm so sorry." I said, slowly taking off my mask and looking back at him. He was in shock. I laughed again as I slowly removed his sunglasses that he wore. "Ruby I-"

"Don't say anything. All you need to know is that I love you and I'm now going to kiss you, and if you don't kiss back, I'll know never to come back into your life, okay?" He nodded and I placed a small kiss on his lips, or at least that's what is was until he grabbed the back of my head and smashed my face into his. I gave a little squeak before melting into the kiss. It wasn't until I came up for air that I realized the door was open and people were starring. I tapped Dick for him to turn around as I hid my face in his chest.

"Oh, um, hi, guys." Dick said, putting his glasses back on. Dick stood up taking me with him as I grabbed my mask and placed it on my face. "Um, this is awkward." Dick said, giving a small laugh. I lightly took his hand stepped forward to confront the team. "Um, I'm Catgirl, and Robin and I have been dating him for the past four months, roughly." Superboy's eyes narrowed, Megan was shocked along with Wally and the archer, who's name I still didn't know. "So you've known she's a threat this entire time and didn't bring it up to the league or even us?" Aqualad asked, stepping through the team and I slunk back behind Dick again. "We didn't know enough about her to call her a threat. When Batman found her file from Cadmus he-"

"She came from Cadmus?!" Superboy growled. "You make that sound like such a bad thing." I whispered. "Because it is!" He yelled. "Hey Bucko! If I remember correctly you came from the same place. In fact, if it weren't for me you wouldn't even be standing there right now!" I got really into his face and pointing my finger in his face. "If I hadn't stabilized you all thouse time in the lab when they thought of pulling your plug, you'd be a pile of mush right now!" You could practically see the lightning flowing between us. "Catgirl. Are you saying that you worked at Cadmus?" Aqualad asked. I pulled away from Superboy to look at him. "Well, yeah. They said I needed to enhance my computer and stabilization skills. Ya know, if Mr. Stomppy over here would ever need a sedative. Or, if I ever needed to hack something for a training sequence." Everyone just stared at me like I'd grown another appendage or something.

"Are you guys okay?" I asked, taking a cautious step backwards. "How much do you know about us huh? How much did they tell you?" Kid Flash said, pulling me towards him by my collar. "Just who you were and everything the Genomes had on the League, then the basic stuff about the history of the world and its languages!" I said, talking about a mile a minute. "Can't I just go home now?!" I screamed. Kid Flash jumped at my outburst and dropped me. "I know I did something bad, but if you want to talk about it, can we do it when I'm not half naked in front of my boyfriend?" I mumbled, rubbing my arm as I watched all their eyes go towards Dick. He was blushing and wasn't looking back at them. As the stared I somehow unnoticedly slipped by everyone and when I made it to the hallway I cleared my throat making everyone's head turn to me. "This was fun, but it's time for me to go. I suppose you don't want another skylight, so where's the exit?" Dick squeezed through the others and stood in front of me. "Follow me." He said, taking my hand as we walked down the hallway.