P1 : Safe at last

17 May 2026 0500

Sgt. Rex Gallahan

Echo One

304th Parachute Infantry regiment, 141st Airborn Division

Maxwell Advance Outpost

"Urgh.." Rex groaned, he slowly gaining his consciousness back and open his eyes. He can smell chemicals and what he thought as disinfectant, then he realize he is in some kind of hospital, or as far as he knows a medic bay.

"Look who finally got back from the land of the dead haha." Say someone from Rex's left, when he looks to his side, he could see some of his comrade sitting on their bed. Killian, Jeane, and Shaggy, looks like he got treated in the same room as them. "Hey, funny guy, you were the one who decided to get knocked down first okay, I have to drag your ass down to the basement while those bastard were trying to pop my head up." He responds to Killian. "Yeah, and for that thank you old man, can't believe my savior was the same guy, who can't eat spicy food." Killian jokingly said to Rex. "But, truthfully I can't believe we make it out alive you know." He continues. "I... can't believe it either, it was hell back there, every second means there will be hundreds of bullets coming towards us." Jeanne said. "Hahaha I do feel like myself is still in the fight, my body still tense now, ready to go. Although my mind is a bit relaxed now. I feel like I want to sleep again, but my body won't let me do that." Shaggy commented.

Rex watch his men talking as he is recollecting what happened during their mission..

Mishlok Village, 2 days ago,

They got to their objective without any casualties, there were two friendly armor escorting them in order to eliminate enemy's heavy weaponry and they were actually managed to destroy the enemy armoury which is their objective and gather some intel about the location of the enemy's anti-air gun battery. But by the time they were about to exfil, their first armor which is Steel 1, got strucked by some kind of AT from the flank twice before it explodes, knowing that they just lost one of their armor escort, their First Sergeant immediately calls a retreat. While they were running to cover from building to another building, Steel 2 was providing cover for them, moving ahead of them, and then stop on the crossroad to give them a covering fire, and acting as a cover for the infantry while they were crossing the road. Until..

*BOOM*

Their second armor explodes. Rex's still remember the dreaded feeling he had, when he watch their only armored guardian is now on fire, and letting out a thick amount of black smokes, but what makes him feel even more shaken is what he saw through the smoke, dozens of militia, of what he assumed as at least a batallion of army is running towards them, they also have few technicals equipped with .50 Cal MG coming their way. "FUCK! JAMES WE GOT MULTIPLE TANGOS ON OUR TAIL." He screamed to his First Sergeant. "Damn it! Alright, Shaggy take Darius and climb up that building, set up your shop in there, take out anything that moving with your LMG." James shouted. "Da, Darius with me." Shaggy respond. "Rex you cover our left flank, Markus go cover our right flank, Tiara you see that tower ? I want you to get up there, and use your binocular to spot them for me, I will set our mortar, and you will tell me if it hits, Killian try to call for support from any nearby allies, if they didn't respond, call the main base! Alright men, go go go!!." James give them their orders, before grabbing and setting his mortar on the ground. Rex then start running to a some kind of security post, and set up his defense there, "...We are currently holding in a market centre in the middle of Mishvlok Village, requesting immediate support, over." Rex can hear Killian's voice from behind. "What ? Are you kidding me ? Damn it ! SERGEANT, NONE OF THE NEAREST CAMP GOT ANY MILITARY PERSONNEL TO PICK US UP, ALL OF THEM HAVE BEEN DEPLOYED ALREADY." Killian shouted to James. "THEN CONTACT THE MAIN BASE, TELL THEM WE NEED SUPPORT ASAP, I DON'T GIVE A SHIT IF IT'S THE ENGINEER, OR THE HIGHER UP THEMSELVES, WE GOT AN ENTIRE REGION DEFENDER ON OUR FUCKING ASS, IF THEY DON'T GIVE US ANY SUPPORT, WE'RE AS GOOD AS DEAD! SO CALL 'EM!" James shouted. Hearing this makes Rex checks his surroundings, if they got overrun, they'll need a place to set up defenses and wait for reinforcements. While he was checking the building, one of the enemy defender showed up from the alley in front of him, "Fuck!" he mutter while he swing his rifle to the enemy.