Evelynn: Behave. Let them have their moment.

You sighed and rubbed your temples.

Y/N: If I had known what our life would become, I would have probably taken more drugs.

Sona: Amen to that. But I just kept telling myself "Next year. Next year I'll get myself together and be ready to settle down." But that time never came around. And I realized that I did not want it to. I didn't know what to do. I wanted to keep my lifestyle and keep you, but when you lost it on my manager I did what I guess I always wanted to do - I ran away. I left you and threw myself into my newfound freedom.

Y/N: How did that work out for you?

She laughed darkly and downed the rest of her water glass. She fished around in her pocket and withdrew a black wristband.

Sona: This should give you an idea.

The wristband was stamped with white letters.

Y/N: One day at a time. . . is this an-

Sona: Alcoholics Anonymous. Turns out I could have used some of that stability.

Y/N: When was your last. . .

Sona: About thirty minutes ago.

Y/N: Oh, Sona. . .

Sona: Do me a favor and don't pity me. Everyone else does. That was the thing I liked most about you - you never saw me as disabled or weak. Weren't afraid to make a few distasteful jokes about it even.

Y/N: In hindsight those were terrible.

She graced you with a sly smirk.

Sona: They were, weren't they? But it is in the past. With us. You have her now. I always liked Akali, she was never afraid to show the world exactly who she was.

You smiled back at that. Akali was something that you always had trouble being, she was completely and utterly honest in all of her actions. There was no guessing where you stood with her. Well, that was the assumption you were under for most of your life. But it turned out that she could indeed keep a secret or lie if she thought it was about protecting one of her friends from a demon. Who was also her friend. . .

Y/N: She's pretty amazing. I mean, She stabbed an eldritch demon lord inside of a coffee shop.

Sona: If you had said that sentence to me even just A few weeks ago I'd be convinced you were still bonkers.

Y/N: The life we lead is pretty 'bonkers.' I don't even know how we proceed from here. Even if we manage to get rid of that thing, I'm not sure we'll be able to proceed as a band with the knowledge of another one eating planets out in space. That kind of puts things into perspective. I think the girls would be better suited to taking a more active role in that conflict honestly.

You knew the girls each had a reason for keeping their more supernatural aspects on the down low. They wanted to live their lives without having their destiny written by whatever circumstances led them to be here. But It was also a bit hard to come to terms with the fact that each member of K/DA had such extraordinary abilities and barely wanted to touch them unless absolutely necessary. A quote came to your mind about power and responsibility going hand-in-hand.

Sona: Yeah. . . but you have all the time in the world to think about that, apparently. And it is their lives, they can do with it whatever they wish. And I mean, the world is going to end someday anyway. Could be us doing it, could be nature, could be a space monster. There's o point in worrying about something that may or may not happen hundreds of years from now. Anyway, I think we should both get some sleep.