"I-I like his work".

"Then you should have stayed a fan of his work. Why choose to be his fiancee?"

Her breathing was heavy, "I-I like his personality".

"That's a lie. My son never shows emotions, especially at work. So, one last time and I want you to think long and hard, why my son?"

The protectiveness she saw flashing in Usman's eyes made her envy Ehan. His father wasn't hating on her. He was testing her. He was trying to find out if she was going to hurt his son. He was talking to her only to figure out if she had an alternative motive.

She took a deep breath, squaring her shoulder, "Sir, with all due respect, I am a trauma surgeon and the youngest one at that. I have won multiple awards and worked full-time in the army for a few years. I have a good income that satisfies me and I am very happy in my life" A lie, she is never happy, "However since I met your son I felt there was something that was missing from my life. I have lived my whole life in isolation and the other half with patients. I never had time for myself. Ehan brings out this different side of me. The side that craves affection, love, and care. I never knew any of it before Ehan. He is always bold and emotionless around everyone. But, I felt that he is someone who protects the one he cares for fearlessly. He is an amazing man, son, and doctor. I care for him, just as much as he cares for me".

Usman looks at her for the longest moment and even when it was hard to maintain eye contact with him, she did.

She didn't believe the next thing that happened because a very bright smile appears on Usman's face.

"You are just how Kabir and Romaisa told me. Welcome to our family". Usman said grinning, "I hope the best for both of you".

She exhales.

Because she can't believe he fell for her lies and she hates herself for it. She hates that she only manages to get this man's approval and smile with her lies. She clenches her hands and sends a small smile to Usman who screams for his wife and son.

She looked around the house and there were so many family pictures on every wall. She can feel the memories made in this house. The warm fuzzy feeling. The house was the epitome of warmth.

Ehan entered the room and his gaze immediately narrowed at her. Her skin wrinkled as she saw a similar feeling swirling in his eyes as he looks from his dad to her. She clenched her fist tighter and her nail dug into her skin. The pain from the nail at least made her feel something other than what she was feeling right now. She wants to end this meeting. No, she wants to end this engagement. She hates this.

She can't.

She owns it to Kabir. She owes her life to him. She can't do that to him. With a breath, she let it go. His mother came running after him in the room and with a small gasp, she was gathering her in her arms and talking a mile. She tried her best to reply when needed such as how they met, how they felt, and more.

His mother was a lot gentler than the men. She saw the softness in Ehan's eyes as he looks at his mother talking and glowing at the thought of his son marrying so was his dad who couldn't take his eyes off his wife.

Will she ever have this?

No.

No, she can't allow herself to even cherish such hope. Hope will kill her. She will never have any such thing. Her fate wasn't so kind. She was marrying a man who hates her. She was born to a man who hates her. And in the end, everyone from the Ehan family will hate her. She had to find a new path after they end this thing. Because she was sure even Kabir will hate her. He will never forgive her, especially Romaisa who showed her feelings. She will be Romaisa that everyone feared. Her heart won't stop hurting at the thought of how much she will lose at the end of this deal.

His mother wrap her warm hands around her hand and she almost broke down in tears as she looks at their hands. His mother was holding her hand in both of her hands and the warmth of motherhood was surrounding her. She never had a mother or warmth. Romaisa was the only female figure she ever had growing up. She only saw Romaisa a handful of times so there wasn't much warmth like this. This small gesture was enough for her to break down and she knows as soon as she is back home, she will be crying her heart out.

His mother brought her to the table where the food was ready. They sat around and his mother was the one who made these dishes with his father. His father places some dishes on her plate with a smile and her throat close up. She can't hurt them! She wanted to scream. She wanted to tell them that she is fooling them. That she is just a villain they were showing love to.

She didn't speak the whole time. His parents were the ones doing the talking and she was simply answering the questions directed at her. When they had asked about the wedding dates, Ehan had finally spoken and said in a month from now and placed it on her recovery which was a lie. She was done healing. She didn't say anything to that. Jumping into it doesn't seem like something she wants to do anyways.

She was eating slowly and no one seem to say anything. She was waiting for someone to criticize her. But, they only just pass her smiles.

Finally, she was out of the house with blessings from his parents and promises to meet again. She went out with Ehan and she couldn't wait any longer.

"We shouldn't do this, Ehan". His eyes snapped to her, "This is not right to them".

His jaw clenches, "Then you shouldn't have appeared in our lives".

"W-What?" Her heart pierce

"You shouldn't have shown yourself to my hospital or anywhere near any of us. I am still not sure why Kabir's uncle is fussing all over you".

Her eyes brimmed with tears because he promised he wouldn't hurt her. She clenches her fist tightly and her jaw trembled with the need to cry.

But will someone ever hear her cries?

No.

"I-I just can't hurt them". She justified miserably

His eyes narrow at her, "You will always hurt them, Ziva. I don't know if you are acting oblivion on purpose or not. But, you being here, will always hurt them. Do you hear me?"

She took a step back afraid of his rage. Will he hit her in front of his family house? Wait, what if he hit her after she went into this agreement? She took a couple of more steps back as fear gripped her soul, shattering it yet again. Yet again, another man showed her place to her.

"Ziva". He took a step towards her and she flinch moving back immediately stopping him

"I-I will leave". She hurried out of the place even after hearing his voice calling her

She was grateful that she called the taxi before she left the house because it was waiting for her. She immediately sat inside and shut the door with a deep sigh. At least, she can avoid him for the rest of the day or two since tomorrow is not a working day for her.

She enters her space and wonders how she will share this with him. This was her hiding. Her stature. Her little heaven.

She started to work on her furniture and she tried every trick for at least two hours, however, she made no progress. With a frustrated groan, she dropped to the ground with her head between her legs.

Then she broke down.

She cried for everything she could possibly think of. However, surprisingly the one thing she cried the most about was his words.

She heard a loud knock on her door after a few doorbells. Then she heard his voice, but, she stayed quiet. She never was the one who could cry loudly or even sniff. She was a very silent crier so no one heard her. Because if someone did hear her, there were punishments.

Her heart continues to break the more he calls for her.

She just knows that this agreement might just be the end of her.