°˖✧✿✧˖°Chapter 26°˖✧✿✧˖°

Start from the beginning

"This is the poison. It just needs one final thing that you possess. Then we will just have to confirm it will work against Kibutsuji." Tamayo said while lifting up a vile. It was an enchanting purple.

"Does this mean Nezuko will also be able to turn back into a human?" I questioned,

"Yes." She continued, "We need the petal of the blue spider lily you have."

I reached into my uniform, pulling out a small necklace with a long vivid blue petal as the centerpiece. "Everyone wants their hands on it.."

I handed it to her, and she chopped it up, using tweezers to add each piece to the liquid. "Thank you, L/n, it is finally complete."

We confirmed that it would work on Kibutsuji, and she told me that this was it. There was going to be an all-out war, and that was what the master called me for.

"You should hurry back, it's almost sunrise, and he needs to speak with you about the plan," Tamayo warned,

"Oh! Alright. Thank you Tamayo-san." I bowed and started sprinting to the master's mansion

"CAWWW! THIS WAY!" Hoshi was leading me, for I was too exhausted to know where I was going. I stepped into the master's garden. Amane greeted me and led me to where Oyakata-sama was.

"Y/n my child," I sat down next to him, and he started to cough violently. "I need to speak with you about this war. I'm sure Tamayo has said something regarding it."

"Yes, she has. We have finished the poison." I spoke softly,

"I'm glad to hear that, Y/n. I want you to know what is going to happen, for you are a crucial part. You know, poison in and out. Tamayo has created one to coat your sword, increasing the effects of the poison we will use against him." he stopped to cough,

"I will sacrifice myself, for I'm sure the demon king will appear to kill me himself. Then I will cause an explosion, and Tamayo will do the rest. After she signals you and Himejima-san, he will try to cut off his head. You will slice his skin as much as you can with the poison." he finished weakly

"Master.." I teared up at the thought of Master dying, "I will do my absolute best." I did not allow the tears to spill, I needed to be strong.

"Wonderful, I would like to speak about one last thing." his voice almost giving out.

"What is it, Oyakata-sama?" I waited for him to regain the strength to speak.

"You and Muichiro, have my blessings. I hope you two live to get wed." He smiled softly

"Ah," I smiled at the thought of it, my cheeks turning pink. "I hope so as well. Thank you, master." I bowed.

Amane led me out of the estate, I returned back to my home. Haru and Kokoro, still not awake, decided to nap before I spent the day with Muichiro. It would be hard to stay happy knowing tonight would be the start of a war.

"Y/n.." I heard a faint voice, "Y/N!" I felt a pinch on my nose which made me shoot up from my sleep.

"AH! Ouch," I looked over to see my oh-so-loving boyfriend, "Muichiro! That hurt." I held the bridge of my nose

"Why did you sleep so late? Let's go get lunch!" He smiled

"Lunch? I slept that late?!" I quickly got up, frantically combing my hair and slipping my haori on. "Okay! Let's go!" I dragged him out of the house, passing Kokoro and Haru.

"Have a nice day L/n-sama!" Kokoro shouted, and I waved back to them.

We strolled along the street, going to the nearby town. A small cat was passing by. She looked like a stray. I called her over, and she started to rub her head on my leg.

I crouched down, petting her, and she started purring. I turned around to tell Muichiro to pet it as well, but I was met with a pouted face and him glaring at the cat.

"Stop petting it." was the only thing he said, I chuckled at his expression and we kept walking.

We went into the same Udon shop we always did, the older man delighted to see us and the rings on our fingers. We told him we were now dating, and he was overjoyed. He gave us the two udon bowls we always ordered, the plate of tempura that was always on the house and the dango.

I loved the time I spent with Muichiro. He made me feel like I was on cloud nine. The way he sweetly said my name, the smiles he gave me, those kisses that were full of nothing but love. The sun was about to go down. I had to be near headquarters and fast.

"Muichiro, I have to get back now. Hopefully, we can go get Udon tomorrow." I smiled

"Alright, goodnight, Y/n" He gave me a small kiss, "I love you"

"I love you more!" I yelled as I was walking away from him

I started sprinting once I was out of his sight. I made it as fast as I could to the mansion. Himejima was already there waiting.

"You ready young L/n?" His deep voice intimidated me.

"Ready as I'll ever be."

༺♥༻❀༺♥༻༺♥༻❀༺♥༻༺♥༻

God, the sunrise countdown arc really got me out here bawling.

word count 1270

edited 6/10/23