Prisms are physical manifestations of a person's thoughts and emotions. It's invisible to the human eye unless the Protector of Dreams gives you the temporary ability to see it. Every person is born with a prism , though some get theirs earlier or later than others. Prisms are directly connected to the subconscious mind. This is visualized by Dreamscapes. There realms are the reason why you can experience the five senses. The stronger the bond , the more lucid a dream is.

But with light comes dark , and with dreams comes nightmares.

Nightmares are creatures made of dark magic that feed on dream energy. They live in the Dark Kingdom and prey upon sleeping victims to drain their prisms. With the prism weakened , they invade the victim's dreamscape and give them nightmares until they can find another person to feed upon.

Prisms are very important to organic beings. If a prism is removed or weakened , the person who owns the prism gradually loses the ability to dream and love. My mom did everything in her power to keep the nightmares at bay but nothing could keep their hunger satiated. Whats worse was that their queen would no longer listen to reasoning.

Queen Cassandra HATED good dreams. She wanted everyone to only have bad dreams so she started sending her nightmares after people. Drained prisms strengthened her but it wasn't enough to fully satisfy her.

She needed the Moon Scepter.

The Moon Scepter is a powerful relic that has been passed down the royal family. It has the power to bring dreams or nightmares into reality. If she were to get her hands on the scepter , her army of nightmares would be able to attack anyone regardless of how strong their prism is or if they're awake. She'd be unstoppable ! (๑°ㅁ°๑)

The day Queen Cassandra attacked the Moon Kingdom was the day of Somnium Cometes , a festival celebrating the Dream Comet. Fun fact , its also the day I was born ! The date would be February 5th on Earth's calendar.

The Dream Comet appears every year during Earth's winter solstice and it blesses those who pray to it wonderful dreams. Before the kingdom existed and back when humans had discovered fire , pieces of the Dream Comet fell across space and created our prisms. It's how the concept of dreams came to being.

The festivities came to an abrupt halt when Cassandra invaded the castle. She and my mother had a magical showdown with the lunar guard fending off the nightmares. Knowing that she could not hold her off for long , my mother used the last bit of her strength to summon the scepter and seal Cassandra along with the entire Dark Kingdom within a magic mirror.

Even though we were victorious , there was still much to grieve over (꒪̥̥﹏꒪̥̥ )

My mom turned into moondust and the Moon Kingdom had crumbled to dust within a single night. All that remained were ruins.

Even now , the kingdom is still in disarray

Even now , the kingdom is still in disarray. Its extremely dangerous to visit the Moon Kingdom due to nightmares lurking in every corner. They're incredibly hungry since they haven't fed on a prisms in a millennium. Yet there is still hope for the kingdom to be restored.

Before my mom turned into moondust , she sealed away the scepter within a compact and gave it away to her familiar , Aruna. She was entrusted with a multitude of magical items as well as a mysterious basket carrying a baby girl. The princess of the Moon Kingdom. Understanding what her mission was , she opened a portal to earth and snuck into a house. The woman who lived there was asleep as well as her two children. Using her magic , Aruna implanted memories into the family and made them believe that the princess was part of their family. When morning arose , the mother nurtured the baby as if she was her own.

Years have passed and I now live on earth with my mother and two older siblings ! Aruna has kept an eye on me from afar as I grew up

Years have passed and I now live on earth with my mother and two older siblings ! Aruna has kept an eye on me from afar as I grew up. My dreams would slowly grow lucid over time , signifying that my power was growing stronger. I still remember the day I met Aruna ʚ♥ɞ

I was walking by my school when I saw a strange black cat. I wanted to see where it was going but I heard the bell ring so I ran back inside. I kept seeing the cat everyday until one day my best friend came in really sick. She looked like she hadn't slept in days and when I went home I couldn't shake off the feeling that something was wrong. Thats when Aruna appeared in front of me.

She didn't tell me about my heritage right off the bat but she did tell me about Prisms and that my friend was being affected by a nightmare. Even though Cassandra was trapped in the mirror , the mirror's seal is weakened from moonrise to moonfall. She can sneak her nightmares out of the mirror in the hopes that they return with the moon scepter. She is incredibly weak from the battle with my mother and can't leave herself.

She guided me through my friend's Dreamscape and thats when the nightmare appeared. Aruna handed me my transformation pendant and I had my first battle. I needed a LOT of bandaids the next morning (๐•̆ ·̭ •̆๐)

A few more months of training passed by and I was slowly getting used to my afterschool superhero work. I remember asking Aruna if I had a prism and Aruna confessed that she was hiding something from me. When we first met she told me that I was an anomaly and that I didn't have a prism. That was a lie. In actuality , I have the most powerful prism thus far. She told me the story of the Moon Kingdom , the attack during Somnium Cosmentes , everything.

That brings us to the present ! It was a lot to process but I'm slowly adjusting to it all

That brings us to the present ! It was a lot to process but I'm slowly adjusting to it all. I'm still not able to summon the moon scepter but hopefully with time I'll be able to use it before Cassandra breaks free. My parents don't know that I'm the princess of a kingdom beyond the stars. No one knows besides Aruna. Well , besides you guys but you're all magical girls !

I scripted all of this to happen and for the most part , I have gotten a lot of dreams of becoming a magical girl so I think its working !

Soooo yeah ! Thats my origins story , whats yours ?