Lucemond

Lucerys sniffled, lifting the mat up and patting around until his fingers found the key hidden underneath it. His hands were shaking so bad he missed the keyhole a couple of times before he finally got it, unlocking it and opening the back door slowly.

Of course, he could count on his uncle leaving his spare in the most obvious place.

He made a mental note to roast him later about it not being the sixties anymore, maybe when he was done crying his mascara down her face.

He quietly shuts the door behind her and tiptoes her way into the kitchen, bending over the island with his face in her hands, elbows pressing against the hardwood, taking deep, shuddering breaths to calm herself.

He should've expected Dalton to ruin his prom, his track record wasn't exactly the most promising but he was so naive to think he would truly change for one night.

The night had started going downhill when he picked her up from his parent's home, posing in the front yard whichever way her mom told them to, blushing underneath all of the attention. He had planned to ride with her friends in the limo they rented but Dalton insisted on showing off his car, some scrappy thing he's been putting together since their freshman year.

It winded up breaking down as soon as he pulled out of the driveway, causing them to be dropped off in the backseat of his dad's car like some preschooler.

Luke tried to keep that from ruining his mood and distracted himself by dancing with her friends, Mina and Geya, and it had worked until Dalton decided to get bludgeoning drunk after only two hours. He was always hot-headed so adding alcohol to the mix was never a fun experience.

Somehow he winded up getting into a tussle with Mikhail in the boy's bathroom and the teachers kicked them both out of prom.

Mina insisted on the whole group leaving, trying to help Luke out, and they all went back to the hotel Matthias rented for the night. He tried to get Dalton to sober up with food and water but it just made him even more angry and he wound up lashing out at him.

Luke's bottom lip trembled as he recalled everything he yelled at her. How he was such a prude and would never find someone to sleep with him, how he was the only person in the whole school who would ever look at him way and he should be more grateful that he stooped low and decided to date him.

He had fled before anyone could follow him, knowing he couldn't sneak home since his parents were expecting him to spend the night with Geya and would ask questions he had no desire to answer. So his next best place was his mom's brother's place, Aemond. He's not a prude, he just has high standards and losing his virginity to one of the guys in his school never appealed to him. All of them paled in comparison to the star of most of his fantasies, a secret he's kept to himself for the past two years and would most likely die keeping.

The light flickering on made him gasp out loud.

"Luke?"

He spun around and found Uncle Aemond standing in the kitchen's archway, his hair ruffled from sleep and bare-chested, only wearing his sleep pants.

"Aemond," he whimpered. "I-I'm sorry but I had nowhere else to go."

"What do you mean?" He frowned, voice still raspy from waking up, walking towards him and eyeing his prom dress. "Shouldn't you still be at your dance?"

He swallowed and wrung his hands, fighting the tears threatening to fall. "I just- well..." And he burst out crying. "Dalton is so stupid and ruined the night and I-I just don't want to talk to mom and dad about it," he cried softly, covering his face with his hands again. "I'm sorry for barging in like this, I can call dad to come pick me up, I'm so sorry!"