𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐃𝐮𝐭𝐲

Victoria was on shopping duty, again!She swore it was always her, they always spilt chores equally in her house, but for some reason she was always the one cursed with shopping duty

She swore it was always her, they always spilt chores equally in her house, but for some reason she was always the one cursed with shopping duty.

She picked up tomato, only to discover it was rotten. She muffled a 'Ew' and picked up a fresh one, she glanced over to the list, ' 4 tomatos ( Not rotten!)' She smiled at the little note her mother had left her, and picked up 4, not rotten, tomatoes to put in her basket.

She glanced over at the shopping list again 'Birthday Cake for Amanda' It was Amanda's birthday in a few days, and because her whole family had about as much baking skills as a newborn baby, they opted for store bought cakes on special occasions.

She wandered round the aisles Asda, in search of the cake section, but in the distance she saw a familiar figure, the leather jacket was to similar to that of a certain Boswell boy she despised.

She quickly lowered her head and looked away. He was standing right in the cake aisle, typical of him to be in the wrong place at the wrong time! He appeared to be browsing for a cake aswell, perhaps if she just didn't look at him, he wouldn't notice her.

Sneakily, she tiptoed towards the cakes, doing her best to go unnoticed.
She lifted her head a bit, he still hadn't seen her. After gaining a little more of her confidence back, she fully lifted her head and began properly browsing the cakes, she found one with little stars on in, and 'happy birthday' written in blue. She reached for the cake and placed in her basket, and just as she thought she'd gotten away with it, she went crashing into something, something that smelt suspiciously like leather.

Uh oh.

"Well look who it is!"
The arrogant voice filled her ears

"Hello Mr Boswell"
She muttered

"Shopping for birthday cakes are we sweetheart?"
He exclaimed

"If you must know, it is my sisters birthday very soon"
She answered

"Oooo tell her I said happy birthday"
He said cheerfully

"I will Mr Boswell"
She said with a slight smile

"You have a lovely smile"
He said, in an almost mocking tone, she knew he was just taking the mickey out of her

"Will that be all, Mr Boswell?"
She asked

"I suppose it will, Sweetheart. See you round"
He said, and walked off into the 'Fruits and Vegetables' aisle

She scoffed, he was so annoying!

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.