𝟕𝟑.𝟓 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐎𝐟 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

Start from the beginning

"Marry me........yes," Katsumi nodded, hearing her daughter coo in her sleep. Her attention drifts down to her daughter, but slowly the thought of Paradis Island came into mind. The thought of escaping sounded so foreign to her, but it was slowly coming to that option if she wanted her daughter to survive.

To stop something, their family might regret in the future.

"Maybe............we should escape," She murmured to herself, but her husband seemed to hear her clearly enough. A dry scoff pasts him, before he sits up more properly and pours himself a tea.

"You know that would be a dream," He stated, implying that it wasn't worth it. "Death would come after us, even just considering the idea.........just accept it."

"Then how can you accept such violations to our family?" She rhetorically said, lowering her tone. "Our code of conduct, was set with more greater morals.........I know father's madness has come from the beginning of our fall....but we must....we are trying.....I..."

She was losing ideas, frantically trying to find a good reason to escape. To convince her husband at least, so it wouldn't be one sided.

A heavy discontented sigh drifts past the man's lips, while his eyes close for a moment.

She waited patiently while gently rocking Akira to sleep, her eyes waiting desperately for his answer whether they should or not. Though it was reckless thought, he too himself was thinking of escaping. One, the restorationists is almost at the brink of being uncovered by the public marleyan security, which will lead to a fateful death, which will trail back to the clan's existence being wiped out.

"Fine....."

Her head lifts up in surprise, hearing something she never thought the two could agree on.

"......we must try and plan out thoroughly, if this is gonna work," He continued on, focused already on coming up with a plan to escape. He pauses for a moment, turning to her. "What about your mother? She's been good to you, so....?"

Katsumi knew this will mean a betrayal, and that will dishonour the name of her clan.

".......I don't know...."

The thought tormented her feeling her stomach churn, her body tensing at the sick feeling that was preventing her from taking action. Her hands were shaking slightly, but soon a moment of weakness was washed away with determination surfacing.

*

A WEEK LATER

Katsumi had put Akira to bed again leaving her asleep, as her husband had fallen asleep. Late at night the compound was dead quiet, only with their soldiers talking quietly whilst on guard.

Katsumi's stomach churns, while her steps drew closer to her mother's chambers.

Her breath grew shallow while calmly approaching the room, before finally knocking against the fusuma door. The warm light glows behind the thin paper door, that she could hear her mother approaching.

Once the doors open she was met with her mothers, as she smiled warmly.

"My dear, it's late," Azami whispered, while caressing her daughter's hair to the side delicately. However she notices something off, before realising the distant expression Katsumi wore.

Stepping to the side, she offers for her to come in quietly before glancing around, before closing the doors to be less suspicious.

"I think I may know what this is about," Azami spoke up, causing her daughter to tense up. Frightened at the thought she might be caught, her mother seemed more calmer than usual.