𝟕𝟑.𝟓 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐎𝐟 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

Start from the beginning

Shaking his head, he tugs at his collar to loosen the tie.

"I don't understand his beliefs or what's going on in his mind, but.....at least we hold the same goal I guess," He muttered, incoherently. His eyes drift to meet his wife's, softening at how beautiful she is. Though he was harsh and at times a jerk, he did really admire how lucky he was to marry such a fine woman. "Yeager seems to also be taking over as the second of the damn cult, it seems I'm proved to nothing."

A warm hand rests upon his shoulder, before he rests his own on top of hers.

"Don't get yourself too tangled with their problems," She said firmly, his eyes trailing up to meet her soft concern eyes. "One way or another, Marley's public security will discover the group and kill you on the spot.."

"What's the difference with the Chief's plan, hmm?" He retorted, knowing either of the future plans would be a hoax. "We're cornered, and I'm at the end of ropes here.........I'm also trying to figure the life I want for my family as well, you know...."

A heavy discontented sigh drifts from him, his temple creases with frustration as he runs his fingers through his brown tufts of hair.

"......I wanted a son, so he could properly take care of this clan...." He spoke up, more smoothly and calmly. "....your brother is beyond reach for help, and I've grown closer to your family than my own deceased family......what's more, I pledge my loyalty to your father and clan."

Those words were rare to hear from him, and it even surprised Katsumi. Despite their relationship being rocky in some areas, he did have a heart for others. Sought of.

"Can't you accept our daughter?" She asked quietly. "She's done nothing wrong....and it hurts me to know my own husband hates his own child...."

Erich was conflicted with his intrusive thoughts, knowing he was disappointed in his child already. He didn't understand why, but it was like he never wanted her except a boy. He wanted a strong child to bring peace and become the heir to the clan, to lead them to a better future and life.

Clearly he himself wasn't fit to be the leader, as he was no more than a coward.

"........"

"Nothing to say?" She scoffed lightly, clearly not impressed by no more than a reason she was to be born a specific gender. "Also..........father wishes for us to bear more children......"

"Huh?"

He abruptly snapped his head in her direction, but noticed the pained expression contorting her flawless face. Does this trouble her?

"You look troubled of the idea," He observed, shifting closer as his face softened. Reaching over he tucks a loose strand behind her ear delicately, before lifting her to chin make her look at him. "What did he say to you?"

Her lips pursed together, already feeling helpless at her current role in her family.

His eyes concernedly search in hers, wanting to understand her more. Soon, she begins to explain everything and venting to him, as if it's been eternity since she's managed to have a proper talk with her husband. She longed for a moment like this, as adults and to take their positions seriously. Finally getting everything across to him, recalling her talk with her father, an enraged expression slowly settled on his face.

"So.......you're saying........he except us to...." he tried to understand, clearly not liking it himself. "I know I dislike my daughter, but this.....? This is too much for her, what does he expect from us? also that's why...........they asked me to......."