[74] So Cool, Eraserhead!

Chapter Seventy Four
So Cool, Eraserhead!

-----

DESPITE HAVING HER QUIRK ERASED BY Aizawa, Umeko is still able to withstand Ryukyu's dragon-like strength.

Aizawa grits his teeth, keeping his eyes on Umeko to keep her from using her Quirk. The sudden rain must be her doing, and yet it's still there, pouring heavily above their heads. And with rain, Endeavor would be a little bit slower than usual. But now with her Quirks erased, all she has is her immense strength, speed, and durability.

As Umeko keeps her feet on the ground as Endeavor and Ryukyu attacks her simultaneously, Aizawa couldn't help but feel his heart being squeezed tight as he watches his student battle it out with two pro heroes, no Quirks, with a smile on her face. It isn't the kind of smile she used to wear on her face whenever they are in the middle of training, whenever she would cheer for her classmates, whenever she would do something stupid with Kaminari and Kirishima. It's different.

It's a smile for the lust of battle, of blood, of destruction.

Something that he never thought he'd see in his student who's always kind and bright and happy.

"Kusanagi," Aizawa mutters as Manual steps to his side, using his Quirk around his eyes to keep him from getting dry eyes.

Shigaraki suddenly comes into view, his back colliding with Umeko and nearly knocking them to the ground. Gran Torino has appeared to save Bakugou and Midoriya from Shigaraki and Shigaraki ends up getting kicked back to where Umeko and the others are.

Now, both are in Aizawa's line of sight, effectively getting their Quirks erased.

"We can't afford to separate them," says Manual. If only they have one more Quirk that can nullify a Quirk then they could just divide their force into two. But sadly, not everything is in the heroes' favour. Like now!

Endeavor attacks Umeko and Shigaraki with Hell's Spider. With their Quirks erased, they shouldn't have any way to defend against the fire. But the two, to Endeavor's surprise, came out unscathed among the flames. Though, Shigaraki's arm and Umeko's face do get burned.

"That hurts, No.1," says Shigaraki. Ryukyu flies towards them but Umeko lands back down to the ground and makes her way straight to Eraserhead as Shigaraki slams Endeavor into the Dragon Hero, sending them both plummeting into the ground.

Now, Shigaraki stands over Endeavor, hands raise as he imitates the pose Endeavor did after his fight in Kyushu, "Was it the other hand?"

Back on the ground, Umeko makes her way to Eraserhead as fast as she can. Despite having no Quirk, the girl's speed is still quite terrifying, adding to the fact that she's been modified so her speed now is just as fast as when she uses Thunderclap.

"You're in the way, hero."

Aizawa prepares to defend himself, taking out the small knife from behind him. She has a duplicate of Shigaraki's Decay. If he so much as blinks and she touches his face, it'll all be over for him and the heroes.

'Look, Aizawa-senpai, this is your goddaughter! Isn't she cute?!'

'She looks like a monkey.'

'That's not nice to say to Umeko-chan, you know!'

'That's basically calling the No.3 hero 'monkey'.'

No, he can't afford to die. Not here, not anytime. He still has a lot of jobs to do. He still has to bring back Umeko to her friends and family. He still has to make his class complete and whole again. No empty seats, no empty room, and no empty space for one missing student. They started as twenty-one and he's going to make sure that they're going to remain twenty-one until they graduate!