Tekken 8 Looks Poised to Answer the Series' Biggest Questions

Tekken fans have a lot of questions about the Kazama family and Tekken 8 might just answer some of the biggest ones.

The newest trailer for Tekken 8 showcases a character that is getting long-term fans of Tekken extremely excited about what it means for the series. In this latest trailer, Jun Kazama makes an appearance, which is a huge shock to fans of the series because she's a character that has not been seen in a Tekken game in almost thirty years. With over one million views in less than 24 hours, it's safe to say that this is a very highly anticipated return for the character, although not everyone might know why.

Jun Kazama first appeared in Tekken 2, which released in 1995 in arcades but was later ported to the PlayStation. As mentioned, Jun has not been seen in any of the subsequent Tekken games from then until now besides spin-offs, with her lack of appearances causing fans to come up with various theories involving her character and how she fits into the greater story of the games. With her appearance confirmed for this next game, fans can potentially look forward to some of the series' biggest questions involving her character finally being answered.

Jun's Return May Shed Light on Her Relationship With Kazuya Mishima

Something fans are definitely looking forward to with the news of Jun Kazama's return to Tekken is that perhaps her confusing relationship with Kazuya Mishima, the series' initial protagonist and later antagonist, might finally be cleared up

Something fans are definitely looking forward to with the news of Jun Kazama's return to Tekken is that perhaps her confusing relationship with Kazuya Mishima, the series' initial protagonist and later antagonist, might finally be cleared up. As mentioned, Jun has only appeared officially in one main Tekken game, but that doesn't mean that her character is one that is insignificant. Originally sent to arrest Kazuya in Tekken 2, Jun eventually finds herself pregnant with Jin Kazama, the child of Jun and Kazuya, though fans still debate just what the nature of their relationship was.

In Tekken 2, Jun recognizes that Kazuya's mystical powers come from the Devil Gene and wishes to help free Kazuya from the darkness inside of him. While this might be a good setup for a potential romance, the game complicates things a little bit. Throughout the proceedings, Jun finds herself inexplicably drawn to Kazuya in ways that neither the player nor she entirely understands. The game makes it clear that her attraction to Kazuya is one that is beyond her control, but over the years, the couple has been very popular with fans. While in the past, Katsuhiro Harada, the director of Tekken, has said in Japanese that Kazuya never thought of Jun as his wife, it's clear from Harada's more recent tweets that Jun's return is one that will greatly affect Kazuya in one way or another.

Tekken 8 Can Explain What Happened to Jun After Ogre Attacked

When her son, Jin Kazama, was a teenager, Ogre attacked Jun and Jin's home, leaving their house completely destroyed and Jin alone, as Jun was nowhere to be found

When her son, Jin Kazama, was a teenager, Ogre attacked Jun and Jin's home, leaving their house completely destroyed and Jin alone, as Jun was nowhere to be found. Since then, many fans have assumed Jun to be dead, which has given quite a bit of weight to Ogre's position in the game as an antagonist. However, throughout the years, Harada has insisted that no one has ever confirmed or denied that Jun was dead -- only that she was missing. This has certainly come to be the case, as with Tekken 8, Jun finally returns.

That being said, many fans are undoubtedly already speculating as to what happened the day that Jun disappeared. Since she wasn't killed by Ogre and seemed to have escaped, fans are likely wondering how she was able to get away and where she has been since that fateful day, if not by her son's side. There has been a significant amount of time that Jun has been missing and since it's been so long, there are a lot of questions as to what exactly she has been up to, if she has been aware of what has been going on in the world of Tekken, and why she hasn't reappeared until now.

While the story of Tekken is sure to expand greatly with the new game's release, it's also sure to fill in some gaps that fans have been poking and prodding at for years -- especially those related to Jun Kazama, her relationship with Kazuya Mishima, and her disappearance. To what extent these burning questions will be answered is still yet to be seen, but until then, fans are sure to keep speculating.