A Lioness and Her Pride

Start from the beginning

"I can do that, but once he tells my dad we'll have that problem." Anika responded, Lucious rolled his eyes.

"We'll deal with that later." Cookie sighed.

"Q-Baby can be dropped but we'll need a new anchor for the summer tour." Lucious pointed out.

"Fuck..." Cookie groaned, feeling a headache coming on.

"That's not a now matter anyways.....Cook, you good?" Lucious asked, handing Dwight back to Andre.

"I'm fine..." Cookie answered, Anika pursed her lips not believing that for a second.

"Cook you can...."

"Cookie! We got a problem!" Porsha blurted, as she rushed into the conference room.

"Everytime you come in here with a tablet it's some more shit!" Cookie hissed, Porsha smacked her lips.

"That's not my fault. Look yall gotta see this. Three Black Diva's dropped a TMI trailer for some type of tell all interview." Porsha spoke, pulling up the video.

"Who?"

"Three Black Divas, TBD girl from back in the day." Porsha responded, setting down the tablet.

"I dropped them years ago." Lucious huffed.

"And the still pissed look." Porsha spoke, skipping through the video.

"TBD was one of Empire's first groups. I mean Lucious even gave us our name. So when we heard about Cookie Lyon presenting a Legacy concert, and that she was pulling some of the old artists from Empire Lucious personally managed to be apart of the show. You know we heard the old rap duo Ying and Yang were opening acts, and that they got to remix one of his songs. Why because they were another first group of Empire's that made it boom right. So you know rightfully we expected a call from her? It never came." Brooke spoke.

"Guess she don't understand we apart of that Legacy to." Tasha snickered, the suggestive tone not as sly as she tried to make it.

"See that's cause while we were climbing charts....she was somewhere making license plates." Denise tossed.

"Yep, while her man was dipping his pen in company ink." She added.

"Lucious Lyon the man, the master, the hoe.....his legacy right? Are the sweatshops apart of his legacy huh?" Tasha dropped.

"Right? Where he locked up young musicians till they pumped out a hit good enough for him. They not talking about that Legacy? Guess we'll help them. So we're announcing our reunion album, and it's gone spill all the tea on Empire. So any labels that want to get their hands on our reunion album, they can but it for the right price." Brooke ended, a smirk playing on her face.

Anika and Cookie side eyed Lucious as the video ended. The man rehashing drama, a hand over his face in annoyance. Everybody wanted a bite of his ass nowadays. Shit he had forgotten about thrown into his face. He was trying to be a a better human being. That counted for something right?

"Empire Sweatshops?" Andre asked, looking pointedly at his father.

"Its not as bad as it sounds. It was something we did when artists we signed weren't living up to the standards. So we gave them a vacation of sorts. It was a damn penthouse, hardly a shabby shed they make it seem like. You had food, heat, beds, water. All your ass had to do was bring me a good single." Lucious explained.

"That sounds like an expensive....sweatshop Lucious!" Anika snapped.

"It wasn't."

"It is." Anika pressed.