"Very well" Salazar sighed, being the first to break eye contact "I will help you, but if you make me regret this...then I will never forgive you"

"Thank you" Harry said sincerely, Harry and Salazar continued conversing for another minute or so before Harry gave Salazar a short bow and turned only to be greeted with gobsmacked members of Slytherin house. "What?" Harry challenged and most of them looked away

"W...What did he say?" Daphne Greengrass asked nervously

"That's between me and him" Harry replied "excuse me" Harry said as he began making his way past, most of the Slytherin's moved out of the way, except for Malfoy

"Hold it Potter, what did you and Salazar Slytherin talk about?!" He demanded

"None of your business, now move, I won't ask again" Harry replied with a warning in his voice, one that Malfoy didn't hear

"Don't talk to me like that! You're going to tell me Potter or I'll..." Harry waved his arm and Malfoy went flying before crashing into a wall

"Idiots like that are why Salazar is no longer impressed with his house" Harry added to the Slytherin's before walking out

"Ah Mr Potter" Professor Slughorn said as Harry and Delphi arrived in his class. Harry looked at Slughorn, he was the new potions teacher, he was definitely older than Snape. Harry had heard rumours saying that the man was a brilliant teacher who had originally taught Snape and his own mother "I am Professor Horace Slughorn, it's a pleasure to meet you"

"Thank you" Harry nodded, he wouldn't return the compliment until he was sure that the man deserved it.

"You are very welcome, I know this is unusual but could you see me after class? I have something I want to talk to you about" Slughorn asked hopefully

"Fine" Harry sighed, deciding to just deal with it now instead of later

"Thank you" Slughorn smiled and soon the class started.

The students were all rather pleased with Slughorns lesson, the man seemed to take a joy in teaching. He didn't discriminate between others, he'd gladly helped and unlike Snape he was intelligent enough to teach the potions safety and basics first before even suggesting they start on potions that could explode. Harry was rather pleased that the man was a competent teacher who could actually teach. At the end of the lesson Delphi walked outside and waited for Harry as he walked towards Slughorn.

"You wanted to talk to me sir?" Harry said

"Yes, there are a few things I wanted to talk to you about" Slughorn nodded "Firstly I am sorry about that incident you had with Severus Snape, I used to teach him. He was never who I intended to take over. That was actually your mother, she was my best student and taken away long before she deserved."

"Thank you" Harry nodded appreciatively

"The second thing I wanted to talk about is...well, if you don't mind, I'd like to be a bit blunt"

"I'd encourage it if anything" Harry replied "it's much simpler for me than listening to people dance around subjects"

"Yes, well firstly, I know you're likely tired of this but I wanted to ask about your face. Firstly, does it hurt? Because if it does then I can supply pain relief potions"

"No, it's fine" Harry said

"If you're sure, secondly I wanted to admit that I've not much experience with this sort of thing, therefore I'd like to ask you what you would prefer. Is this something you don't mind discussing? Do you wish me to ignore it and never speak of it? Each person is different and I really would rather hear your thoughts on it"