☁️ luke - sunset

warnings: kissing ig

a/n: im so in love with luke so obvious bias

Your cheek was cold as it rested against the car window, bumping along with the car.

Luke sank into his seat as he took a deep breath, eyes still on the road as he drove. He flicked through the radio until he found a decent song, then softly hummed along.

The two of you planned a short vacation to the beach for the long weekend. You were frankly excited to spend more time with Luke.

You looked up at the rearview mirror, and caught Luke glancing at you through your reflection. He looked away and you laughed to yourself.

The car ride was only a few hours, but as you went into the final stretch you were too tired to keep talking.

The sun was already setting as you pulled into the parking lot of the small inn you would be staying at. You step out of the car and stretch, breathing in the pleasant salty air.

Luke insists on carrying the heavy suitcases, so you grab both of your backpacks. The hotel room is simple, a room for each of you to spare the embarrassment of sharing a room, however.

Luke dropped the luggage and sank into the couch. "I hate driving..."

You sat beside him and poked him on the shoulder. "We could've taken turns, you know~"

"I know..." he rolled his eyes. "I wanted you to be comfortable, though!"

You giggled and hugged his neck. "You know I wouldn't mind-!"

"I'd drive a million miles as long as you're happy!" he protested.

It was a sappy comment, but you beamed hearing it. Luke always showered you with sweet nothings like this.

There was nothing planned for the night, so you tuckered up for the night, tired from the day's journey, and excited for the next day.

Halfway asleep, your mind began to wander. You thought of Luke, and smiled into your pillow. His silly innocent expression when he's confused. His eyebrows that will furrow when he's determined. Every detail of him made you flustered...

The morning came fast and the two of you grabbed a quick breakfast, then automatically set off to the beachfront boardwalk.

Luke had come incredibly prepared, packing a little bag with water, sunscreen, and every little oddity you could think of they might need. He looked so happy with his bag, like a dog wagging his tail.

Your hand slipped into his, excited to explore the quaint shops.

Luke was dragging you along, tightly holding onto your arm. It was terribly crowded, and you could tell by his scrunched face that he was afraid to lose you in the crowd. The two of you stopped at one last store, having seen the majority of the boardwalk.

It was a normal cheesy tourist shop. Luke let go of your hand for a bit to go look at the graphic tees. You took this as an opportunity to use the restroom, and slinked to the back of the shop.

You washed your hands and opened the restroom door. Luke wasn't at the shirts anymore, so you walked around the store attempting to find him.

"Luke?"

You couldn't find him.

You felt your throat close with worry. You immediately ran to the cashier, a teenage girl with dyed hair reading a magazine.

"Um, did you by chance see a guy with light brownish-orangish hair?" You asked nervously. "He had like a key necklace? I just walked in with him a few minutes ago..."

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Apr 05, 2023 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

[requests open] tears of themis - unforgettable momentsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें