Support

Albus awoke to a terrifying reality and immediately demanded the release from the infirmary. Of course, he expected to be allowed to see his friend at the hospital, and it seemed absurd that he was sent to class as usual and no one talked to him about yesterday's events. He also found it strange that no one was investigating how the whole incident happened. From what he learned, the entire thing has been concluded to be an accident – which was true, but Albus was aware of his guilt and would have liked to admit his fault at least and be officially punished for it.

He excused himself from class, saying he was still not feeling well, and wondered how to get to Scorpius. He can't escape from Hogwarts and get to the hospital, which he only knew by hearsay, without help. He decided to send a message to Harry first. But how, for Merlin's sake, is he supposed to write what happened? I threw Scorpius down the stairs, and maybe he will die...

Ultimately, he wrote only: Dear Dad, Scorpius is seriously injured at St. Mungo's hospital. Please go there and find out how he is. Albus.

The owl found Harry at work with the message, but he could tell from the tone of the news that the situation would be severe. He immediately went to the hospital. As an Auror, he didn't need any permissions and got information on Scorpius's health. Yes, he was in a critical state, but on the other hand, his brain still showed activity. The prognosis was uncertain but not as hopeless as Draco had feared.

Draco. Harry kept thinking about him the whole way. He will lose his last reason to live if he loses his son—a lonely, lost man who has experienced almost nothing good in his life. Harry's heart sank with regret. He decided to support him now if that was what it took. His resolution to never contact him again seemed childish to him now. If Draco needed him, he would take a vacation and be with him as long as necessary.

The sight he saw in the hospital room only strengthened his resolve. Draco was utterly broken. He lay with his head next to Scorpius, an absent look in his eyes. At first glance, they both looked dead.

"Draco!"

The man lifted his head listlessly.

"Harry, thanks for coming." It sounded sincere.

Draco stood up and sat down next to Harry.

"Draco, listen. I'll be here with you as long as you need me. You are not alone." He hugged him tightly.

"Thank you. I wasn't expecting you. Actually, I wasn't expecting anyone to come."

Harry was a little embarrassed to have Draco still in his arms, but he didn't have the strength to push him away.

"I was asking about Scorpius. He has a chance to recover, his brain is working."

"I'm afraid to hope," Draco muttered.

Harry was still hugging him tightly. It was a strange feeling. Harry wanted to be Draco's support after all. Now he was more likely to draw energy from this connection himself. His former enemy. He was suddenly wholly human, imperfect. Did he really need to see him so broken to get close to him? Did he have to be the strong saviour at all costs?

He gently evolved from Draco's grip. "I still have to arrange something. I'll be back in a moment."

He saw a hint of concern on the other man's face. "Don't worry; I'll return to you, I swear."

Harry is here, thanks to Albus, and he has to report to him. Or rather, get him permission to visit Albus. Harry had this authority as head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. He sent an official request to Hogwarts to release Albus from school teaching and the coordinates for the Floo network. At the same time, he requested information about what actually happened. The case continued to be classified as an accident, and no one was charged.