Ethan watches her with concern, and says, "I don't think that's healthy."

Tatum scoffs, "Neither is getting fucking stabbed,'' she retorts before taking another swig. "This is the only thing that calms me down. Trust me, I've tried it all."

She takes another long swig from the bottle, and then sets it down on the dresser with a thud. She runs her fingers through her hair and tries to steady her breathing.

Ethan hesitates for a moment before speaking, "Tatum, you know I'm here for you, right? You don't have to go through this alone."

Tatum looks at him, her eyes red and swollen, and nods. "I just...I can't seem to shake this feeling that I'm next. Every time I close my eyes, I see him. Every time I walk down the street, I feel like I'm being watched. I can't escape it."

Ethan puts his arm around her. "I won't let anything happen to you, Riley. I promise."

The girl takes a deep breath before turning to face Ethan. ''You know you don't have an obligation to me just because you think my days are counted, right?''

Ethan's expression darkens, and Tatum can tell he's not happy with what she's saying. "What are you saying?"

"I'm saying...it might be better if you left New York for a little while. You don't have to stick around."

Ethan shakes his head, his eyes filled with determination. "I can't just leave you here alone."

Tatum sighs, feeling the weight of the situation bearing down on her. "I won't be alone, my friends are going through the same thing."

He looks at her skeptically. "But can you trust them to keep you safe?"

Tatum thinks for a moment before replying. "I think so, yeah."

The boy leans forward, his voice firm. "Well, you know how I asked you not to go to the station last night and you told me that I wasn't the boss of you? You're not the boss of me either. So I'm staying with you."

Tatum can't help but smile at Ethan's stubbornness, feeling a sense of comfort wash over her. "Fine, then, since you're a thickheaded idiot. But you do realize that people around me always seem to die brutal deaths, right?"

Ethan looks at her, a small smile on his lips, and responds, "Don't worry, I won't die."

She rolls her eyes, but a small smile plays on her lips, "Who says I'm worried?"

He laughs, "Well, I am. I don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon."

Tatum leans her head on his shoulder, feeling comforted by his words. "Good. I don't think I could handle losing anyone else."

The boy wraps his arm around her, holding her close. He looks like he wants to say something, but doesn't, and she doesn't question him about it.

As much as she enjoys being in his arms, he moves his hand to her waist and she flinches, feeling the sting of the scratches all over her body. She might have to start tying her hands before sleeping, again.

"Jesus, Tatum, you're bleeding," he says, turning back to her with concern etched on his face. "Let me go grab something to help clean you up."

Ethan is already on his feet, walking to the bathroom to grab some first aid supplies when he notices the blood stains on her shirt. His eyes widen and Tatum silently wonders whether he's iffy about blood or something.

Suddenly, as if she was any close to bleeding to death, the boy gives up on walking and, instead, rushes to the bathroom, fumbling through the cabinets loudly.