19

Paris, France

Serafina jumps up from her seat as the stadium roars with victorious applause.

It was PSG's first game in the French Cup and they have won big time. A whooping 7-0 in their favour and she can't help but cheer louder as the players ran towards their coach who welcomes them with wide open arms.

Kylian and Neymar join last with the bigger man being carried in a piggyback. They have made quite a powerful duo in today's match. Cristophe gives them quick hugs and strong pats of congratulations and their fellow team members embrace them in sweaty hugs.

Neymar's eyes quickly search for a certain pair of honeyed brown eyes and smiles widely once he lands on them. Serafina returns a joyous expression and mouths him a congratulations to which the Brazilian man responds with a cheeky wink.

It wasn't long before the barricades were opened and Serafina along with three other sports physicians, who were hired to be on duty during the games, cleared out from the stadium. Many fans still lingered around, roaring out songs and celebrating. As she was out of the noise, she heard her phone ringing and she quickly picks it up after seeing the contact name.

"Sim mamãe?" [Yes mom?]

"I was unsure if the match was still going on." She hears a soft grunt from her mom which was followed by a thud sound.

"What's going on, mãe?" She furrowed her brows as concerns build up inside her. "Are you alright?" She stops walking, in search of her black Porsche, her pride and joy that she had bought for herself on her birthday last year. She finally sees it a bit further away from the spot she was standing and continues her walk.

"Sim, sim. I'm alright." A few muffled shuffles come from the background as her mother continues. "I just- your vovó.. She called."

Serafina stops again. Now she is in front of her car with an uncomfortable pull in her guts as she hears her mother's words. "Mãe- What- what did vovó say? When she called you?" She waits with a nervous breath.

Gloria sighs heavily from the other side of the phone making Serafina's heart sink further. "What is it mãe?" She hasn't noticed the way her voice gets higher and more pitchy.

"Your grandfather is in the hospital. His blood pressure has been fluctuating a lot the past few weeks but they weren't so concerned because he didn't have any other symptoms except a few lightheadedness but today- he felt worse than before so they called the family doctor. While they were preparing to get him to hospital, they couldn't wake him up from his nap. So- yes they are in the hospital right now." Gloria let out another breath waiting for Serafina's response.

The brunette feels her heart dropping to the floor. She doesn't even have the time to push down the panic rising in her chest and quickly unlocks the car door and gets inside. "Mãe, i'm coming home. Stay there." Serafina ignores her mother's worried calls of her name from the other side and quickly turns off the call.

The engine roars to live and the black car speeds off to the exit.

While a man stands at one spot, not too far from where the dust was settling. A worried expression can be seen on his face and he stares at the speeding vehicle. He quickly pulled out his phone and dialed a number and waited.

●○●○●○●○

Serafina bursts into their home and wastes no time rushing into her mother's room where she finds her packing her suitcase.

"Mãe-" She breathes out and approaches the elder woman who raises her head as soound as she heard her door opens. Serafina quickly approaches her with unsteady breaths and hands shaking. Her mother quickly embraces her and holds her tight while the young woman breathes shakily on her shoulders.