4

Paris, France

Serafina and her mother were busy packing for their trip home to Brazil. It was the 22nd of December and they have officially closed the clinic for the holidays. They would be spending Christmas and New Years with her grandparents and they were thrilled to finally be able to go home. It was the only time of the year that they could go home together to spend time with their family and Serafina couldn't wait for it. She missed the equatorial sun of her home country on her skin.

"Serafina, está pronto?!" [Serafina, are you ready?!] Her mother's shout reverberated from downstairs. Their flight would take off two hours later but her mother was always set to be as early as possible and she would nag and nag Serafina to hurry up or else they would miss their flight.

"Sim mamãe! Apenas alguns minutos!" [Yes mom! Just a few minutes!] She quickly tied her hair to a messy pony tail and after quickly scanning her luggage in case she forgot anything, zipped it shut. She took her new, black Dior handbag- a gift from Alexie on her birthday- checked again if she carried her wallet, charger, airpods, tissues and lipbalm. After ensuring everything was in place, she locked her door and ran down the stairs, almost tripping on the bottom stair and stumbled a little. She smiled sheepishly at her mother who rolled her eyes fondly at her clumsiness.

They got out of the house and locked the doors. Gloria had a quick chat with their neighbor, Mrs.Gardot, a stout woman in her 60s, she was a kind woman and she had a certain fondness for the two women living beside her. She once tried to set up her son with Serafina but that went down to flames quickly after said son got an 18 year old girl pregnant not long after. And he was around 30 years old so... Talk about disappointing sons.

Their uber arrived shortly after and both of them bid goodbye to their friendly neighbour. And drove towards the direction of the airport.

●○●○●○●○

@que.serasera has shared a post!

serasera has shared a post!

●○○

○●○

○●○