_______
Mason Mount

nora !
good luck today!! im watching
the game with soph today, i hope
to see u play <3

_______

He didn't reply, I'm not surprised since he's busy today, obviously because it's a match day. Man City was also playing today, I recorded it on my TV so I can watch it later. The game was against Everton, but it's kinda obvious Man City was going to w— actually I'm not gonna jinx it, Arsenal loss to that team a few weeks ago.

After I texted Mase, I walked outside and I sat in the front next to Sophia in her car, she turned on the radio which played "Die For You" by the Weeknd. Man, I love this song so much.

Once we got to the stadium, we parked and headed inside to our seats. There were so many people, what did I expect though? Of course there's going to be many people, it's a Tottenham vs Chelsea game.

"You excited?" Sophia asked, turning her head to face me.

I moved my lip unsurely. "Eh?? I'm like scared. I don't want Chelsea to lose."

"Betraying Man City?" she sneered, giggling a little bit.

I sighed and then explained, "I'll never love Chelsea more than Man City. I love Man City, they're my childhood team. I'm watching their game later since I'm missing it."

"Missing it for Chelsea," she pointed out.

I didn't say anything after she said that. I still loved Man City, maybe not as much as before.

The game was about to start. I sat there impatiently, I was also nervous. I shouldn't be, it's just a game.

It was finally kickoff and I saw some fimilar faces on the other team. One of them was Harry Kane, the man who knocked us out of the World Cup with that penalty miss (mate really aimed for the sky).

The first 45 minutes had no score for both teams. It was 0-0, but some players received yellow cards. One of those players happened to be Kai, Sophia was kinda pissed about that.

The first half ends, the second half was about to begin. I just needed Chelsea to score one goal so I could be relieved.

But no, the 46th minute Tottenham scores. That play was impressive though, I'm honestly not even gonna lie. First, Kepa saved it, then it bounced back to Skipp and he scored.

On the 62nd minute, Ruben was subbed out, and guess who came in, Mason. Thank gosh though, that text I sent would've been mad embarrassing if he was benched for the whole game.

About 10 minutes later, he also received a yellow card. What's up with the yellow cards today?

Another 10 minutes passed, and look who actually scored and didn't aim for the sky! It was Harry Kane, I wish he didn't score. Now it's 2-0, Tottenham is winning. There's no way in hell Chelsea is going to score at least one goal in the next 8 or so minutes.

Some substitutions happened within both teams for the next few minutes, not much happened after that.

The game ended at 2-0, Tottenham for the win. Another loss for Chelsea, I just wanted atleast one goal from them, but I guess we can't keep our hopes up.

Sophia and I left the stadium disappointingly, knowing they could've played better on the pitch. They need a better coach I swear.

Sophia told me I could keep the kit if I wanted to for future games, so I did.

Once I got back to my apartment, I checked all of my messages, including my dms on Instagram. One of them was from Mase, it was a reply to my good luck message from this morning.

________
Mason Mount

Mason Mount
Thanks Nora, I'm so sorry
I didn't see this earlier😔😔

nora !
its fine x

nora !
also 2-0...

Mason Mount
oh boy here we go again

nora !
i swear im controlling myself
now lmao

nora !
u guys played decent today 💯

Mason Mount
thanks nora☺️

nora !
i mean its tottenham i expected a
loss for u guys anyway

Mason Mount
have some hope...

nora !
SORRY 🥲🥲

Mason Mount
ITS FINEEE

Mason Mount
bye ima talk to puli rq

Mason Mount
talk to u later?

nora !
ye ofcc

nora !
tell pulisic i said hi

Mason Mount
okk bye❤️

________

The coversation ended and didn't only make me leave him on seen, but also made a smile casually and unexpectedly appear on my face.

For the next week, we continuously talked, mostly at night since we both have trouble sleeping. The topics were so random, like how does a conversation go from cooking to French people? I love talking to him though, he's a fun person to be around and talk to. I never got bored of him.