Chapter 16: One Sided Beatdown and Parting

Start from the beginning

  Liebe replied, "That doesn't matter, all of you should get back to your camp and regroup with your friends. Be sure to take the gorilla and his four-eyed mate with you." The little girl turned red in the face from hearing the word 'mate' and Carla replied in a condescending tone, "Watch what you say in front of the child, you vulgar Devil! You're setting a bad example for her education!!" Liebe replied surprised, "Huh?! The cat can talk?! Here I thought you couldn't get anymore freakish then you already were?!" Lily, Carla, and Happy grew a tick mark on their heads as they were offended by his comment and the shouted, "What did you say?!/ You're cruising for a bruising, bat boy?!/ Like you have any room to talk?!" Their remarks made me angry and I gave the three of them a death glare while saying, "You better apologize to him for that, or else I'll tie you three up and dunk into the ocean!" Everyone but Liebe turned pale from my deadly gaze and the fury in my voice. The three Exceeds stuttered as they said, "Y-yes ma'am!" Then, they turned to Liebe and bowed while saying, "We're very sorry for what we said!" Liebe then looked at me puzzled, and I had a good idea as to why that was. He was wondering why I would stand up for him when there was no reason for me to do so. As for why I am, I honestly don't know. Maybe it's because we felt the same pain and I wanted to help him let go of his resentment towards humans. I couldn't understand why, but I knew that I couldn't just let him feel the hostility of others anymore as he had suffered enough in his life.

I calmed down before saying, "He's right, we need to get back to camp and meet up with the others. Lisanna, and Liebe's brother are out are out looking for the others right now, so we'll meet up with them at camp." "And Freed and Bickslow should be there too." A voice from behind us said. We turned around and saw a middle aged man with slicked back orange hair, and wearing a black, high collared, tattered cloak. This was the strongest member of Fairy Tail, Gildarts Clive.

 This was the strongest member of Fairy Tail, Gildarts Clive

"Gildarts, you're back?!" I asked. He replied, "Yeah, we were on our way back to the guild when we sensed something wicked coming to Tenrou. So we turned around and came back here as fast as we could. Grimoire Heart really crossed the line. Trespassing on our sacred ground, attacking our family, they are definitely not going to get off without a few broken bones." He then turned his attention to Liebe and Zeref before asking, "And just who are these guys?" I put a finger on my chin and answered, "The best thing I would call them are castaways. They've been stuck here for months. The white haired one is named Liebe, and the black haired man is Zeref." Not surprisingly, Gildarts was shocked to hear that the Black Wizard was standing in front of him. He put up his guard before Liebe pointed his sword at him before saying, "Stand down old man, I won't hesitate to drop you where you stand." Gildarts looked Liebe in the eyes and saw that he was serious and decided to relax before saying, "Let's talk about this after we beat Grimoire Heart. But first let's meet up with the rest of the guild." Everyone except Liebe, Zeref, and Mest nodded and followed we followed him back to camp while Liebe and Zeref stayed behind so Grimoire Heart won't be able to find the Black Wizard. However, there was a part of me that wished that Liebe would've followed me back to camp. I don't know why, but I just wanted him to stay with me longer for some reason. But, I tried to reassure myself that he would take me up on my offer by joining Fairy Tail.

  (Liebe's p.o.v.)

  I watched the Fairy Tail members leave for their camp when I saw Mira look back at me with a sad look in her eyes as she walked off with her group. I could sense from her Ki that she was feeling a bit lonely after leaving, but I wasn't sure why she felt that way. I decided to ask her that when we saw each other again. I turned to Zeref and asked him to confirm something, "Zeref, was that pink haired guy him?" He knew what I meant and he replied, "It was, that was my brother. I can't tell you how glad I was to see him again. He's grown so much since I last saw him." I could tell from his Ki and his tone of voice that he missed him so much and he was overjoyed to finally see his brother again after so many centuries. It made me wonder if I would've felt the same way if I was in his position, as like him, my brother was the only family I had left in the world. After watching the Fairy Tail members leaving our line of sight, we made our way back to camp to hunker down and wait for the battle between the two guilds to come to an end. Though, some part of me hoped that Mira would be alright in this fight.