☼ chapter six

Mulai dari awal

They run down the block, their hearts pounding in their chests, and burst into a small convenience store. The shopkeeper, a middle-aged man with greasy hair, grumbles at them for interrupting the line.

"What the hell is going on?" he demands, eyeing the three girls with suspicion.

"Please, you have to help us," Sam pleads, her voice trembling with fear. "Someone is trying to kill us. Call 911!"

Tatum's hands are shaking so badly that she drops her phone, the screen shattering on the floor. "Please," she begs, tears streaming down her face. "We're not making this up. We need help."

The man hesitates for a moment, studying their panicked faces, before reluctantly reaching for the phone behind the counter. He doesn't get the chance to dial a single number before Ghostface walks into the small convenience store, his black robe trailing behind him. 

The guy on the line tries to stand up to him, his voice steady. "You got a problem there, guy?" he asks, but Ghostface doesn't respond. Instead, he lunges forward, the gleaming blade of his knife catching the fluorescent light.

The guy tries to defend himself, but it's no use. Ghostface stabs and kills him with a quick, practiced motion. The other clients in the store try to either hold Ghostface back or run for their lives, but he's too strong, too quick. He stabs them one by one, their screams echoing through the small space.

Tate, Sam, and Tara watch in horror, frozen in place. The cashier behind the counter scrambles for something, anything to defend himself. He finally grabs a shotgun and points it at Ghostface, his hands shaking. "Stay back!" he shouts, his voice cracking.

Ghostface doesn't listen. He ducks, the cashier's shot going wide, and closes the distance between them in a flash. He stabs the cashier in the chest, the knife going in deep. The cashier gasps and staggers back, dropping the shotgun.

Tate, Sam, and Tara are desperate to get out of the store, but the keys to the back door are on the cashier's belt. As he falls, the keys go flying. 

The girls huddle behind a shelf, their hearts pounding in their chests. They can hear Ghostface moving around, searching for them. Tara's breath comes out in shaky gasps, and Tatum can feel her own heart beating in her throat.

Tatum's heart won't stop racing as she huddles with Sam and Tara behind the shelves, trying to stay as silent as possible. She can feel her breath coming in short gasps and her hands are shaking uncontrollably. This can't be fucking happening again, she thinks to herself. Not after everything that's already happened.

She can hear Ghostface moving around the store, searching for them. The sound of his footsteps and the swish of his cape make her skin crawl. Tatum knows they need to stay hidden, but she can't help but think that they need to do something, anything.

They crawl along the shelves, trying to stay as low and as silent as possible. Sam grabs a can from the shelf and throws it in the opposite direction, hoping to distract Ghostface. 

The can clatters loudly as it hits the ground, and they hear the masked killer moving toward the noise.

But then, before they were even close to reaching the door, they hear him coming back. He's getting closer and closer, and Tatum can hear his labored breathing. She can feel him getting closer and closer, and her heart is racing.

Once the killer finally turns back to stare right at them, the girls seize their chance and use all their strength to push a heavy rack onto Ghostface. They hear him fall with a grunt, and they scramble to their feet.

The police sirens are loud outside, and Tate can see the relief flood Sam and Tara's faces.

The girls don't hesitate to run, but Tatum, however, stands frozen for a moment. He's right there, she thinks, turning back to the still figure on the ground.