oh shit we finna kiss.

Start from the beginning

"I'm going to a friends house" I said, "text me when you get there, and it better not be no boys" he said.

I walked out and got in my car and drove off. My brothers didn't like me hanging around boys because they are boys.

They play girls all the time and don't care. But I don't like how they punish me for their actions.

I pulled up to the house after stopping for Starbucks and sat in the car for a second. I texted tae that I was outside and to open the door.

I walked up to the door and saw tae open it. "hey taetae" I said hugging himself

"what's up liv" he said and I walked inside. "hey Marcus" I waved to him seeing him sitting on the couch next to a girl.

"what's up liv, this my girl gabby" he said pointing to the girl next to him. "hey" she said "hi" I smiled back.

I saw Ja sitting on the couch on his phone. "hey" I smiled "hey" he said barley looking up.

I threw my Starbucks bag in the trash and sat in the couch. "I like your outfit" gabby said to me.

"Thanks" I said "you're really pretty" I complimented her, "Thanks" she said"

"You ever figure it where your friend went yesterday" Marcus said to me, "no I haven't talked to her all day" I said.

"She lowkey weird for leaving you" Dante said "wait what are we talking about" Gabby said.

"Liv friend left her at our party by ourself yesterday" Tae said, "damn" gabby said.

"She's my friend she was just probably busy" I shrugged, "if she still hasn't checked up on you today she got something shady going on" gabby said.

I didn't know what to say so I just stayed quiet. "liv you too nice that's all" tae said, "we gotta toughen you up some" Dante said.

"I'm tough" I said crossing my arms, "that's funny" Marcus said. "What" I said shocked "it's better to be nice to people than rude" I said.

"Not when they're being rude to you" Gabby said, "let's talk about something else" I said.

"Aye im hungry as hell" Dante said, "we should go get some food" Gabby suggested.

"Where y'all wanna eat at" Marcus said "We should get Wing stop" I said.

"ohh I could go for wingstop" gabby said "alright bet let's go" Dante said, "Ja you coming" he asked.

"Nah" Ja said "I'm staying too" I said. "Alright text me yall order" he said, and they all walked out.

I had finished my coffee by now so I went and threw it away and sat back down in the couch. It was eating at me so I just came out and said it.

"Do you not like me" I said looking standing up and at Ja, "Nah you cool I guess" he said.

"Then why do you act like that" I asked, "like what? I don't even talk around you" he said.

"That's the point" I said stepping closer to him. "I'm just thinking that's all" he said sitting back.

 "I'm just thinking that's all" he said sitting back

Ja

Olivia walked over to me and stood In between my legs. She grabbed my chin softly making me look up at her. oh shit we finna kiss.

"you should put your hair up" she said "it'll show your face a little more" she smiled.

She grabbed a hair tie off her wristand took some of my dreads and put them into a half up half down.

"Now talk to me" she said still holding my face. "About what" I said, "about what you were thinking about" she said, I looked away.

"Maybe talking about it will make you feel better" She said sitting down next to me.

"I don't know I'm just stressed" I said "about what" she questioned. "life" I said.

"Tell me more" she said, "I got a lot going on right now, My life is basketball 24/7" I said.

"I thought you liked basketball" she said, "I do but my coaches pressuring me to be the best all around but sometimes I just want to chill" I said.

"I get that" she said "and my mom is really excited about me being drafted and playing for the grizzlies, and that makes me scared to let her down" I say.

"The media expecting alot from me too, it's like I can't have a bad day" I said, "I love basketball but sometimes it's not fun for me anymore" I finished off.

"Wow that's a lot" she said, "yeah and I don't know I just feel, out of it all the time. Like I'm burnt out first thing in the morning" I said.

"You might have depression" she said to me. "Nah I love my life I'm just not feeling good right now" I say.

"Depression doesn't mean you hate your life"she said looking me in the eye. "It just a constant feeling of sadness and loss of interest" she said.

"How do you know I'm depressed" I said, "I don't, it just sounds like it" she said.

"Have you been depressed before?" I asked, "yeah, when my mom died" she said.

"Oh sorry" I said, "it's ok, my mom died of cancer when I was 14" she said.

"None of us even knew she had cancer, she didn't tell us because she didn't want us to worry. After she passed away I could barley get out of bed in the morning. I didn't want to eat, or go to school" she said.

"How'd you get through it" I asked, "I focused on something different" she said.

"I was only thinking about how much I would miss my mom and things, but one day I decided I was tired of being sad and wanted to change"

"I started living a little different and just tried to find the joy in things, when something upset me or made me sad I chose to ignore it" she said.

"That's not a good solution or what I should have done but I did, I guess that's why sometimes I'm a pushover now" she said

"being nice to people doesn't make you a bad person" I said "you choose to ignore your pain and I choose to sulk in it" I said.

"Yeah I guess I'm not the best person to get advice from on this" she laughed.

"So what should I do" I said, "Find your happy place" she said, "find you somewhere you can think about your problems and create solutions and peace" she said to me.

I just looked into her eyes. She's so pretty, and to think she's gone through something like losing a parent so young is sad.

The Front door started to open and I looked up and saw everyone walk in. "Yo we back with the food" Marcus said with a wingstop bag in his hand.

Olivia stood up and smiled, they sat the bag in the counter and we all started grabbing out food.

"Liv I just got you mango habanero cause your ass didn't text me like I told you too" dantae said.

"It's fine, I was... busy" she said looking at me.
__________________________________
If you haven't read it yet go read my other book "inevitable"

Comment & Vote 🤍