Chapter Five

Lizzie walked into their room after dropping Kai off at her mum's for the night

Lizzie walked into their room after dropping Kai off at her mum's for the night. Wanting to spend some time alone with Y/N. Try to re-ignite the spark they had lost since the accident.

"What are you doing?" She asked Y/N as she watched her limp around the room, packing a bag of her clothes. Storming over to stop Y/N from packing any more. "Stop Y/N!"

"I am leaving." Y/N told her. Lizzie looked in her eyes and saw no life in them.

"Why?" Lizzie asked with hurt in her voice. "What did I do wrong? Please tell me so I can fix it."

"You done nothing wrong Liz." Y/N told her as she took a deep breath. "You deserve better than the life I can give you."

"No." Lizzie whispered as she shook her head no.

"Yes you do." Y/N told her. "I am nothing. Since the accident I can't even do anything that I used to. I can't play guitar. I can barely pick up my own son without being in pain. I can't even treat you the way you deserve."

"I don't care about that Y/N. I can live without the sex. I can't live without you. I tried for 8 months in fear of you never even waking up." Lizzie said as the tears fell down her face. "I only need you in my life. You and Kai are all I want."

"Liz." Y/N whispered. "I am just an empty shell of the person I used to be. You deserve someone who can whip you from your feet. Someone to be able to do all of the things you love because I remember how you used to love it." Lizzie stood frozen as she watched Y/N turn back to packing her bag.

"I can't." She whispered. "You can't do this."

"I am setting you free so you can be all you can be." Y/N told her. She had her own tears in her eyes as she saw Lizzie's broken state. "Thank you for everything Lizzie." She kissed the top of her head and started to leave the house. The home they had built together.

"No!" Lizzie called out as she followed Y/N. "You can't do this. I won't let you." Lizzie stepped in front of Y/N who just sighed. Looking anywhere but the woman she loves. "We can work this out. Please let's just work this out. Together."

"No." Y/N said as she finally looked at her. "I can't let you love me. I am nothing Elizabeth. Nothing. And that is all I will ever be and I can't allow myself to bring you down with me." With that she stepped passed Lizzie and walked out the door without looking back. Lizzie just watched as Y/N disappeared.

Lizzie was sat with her mum as she paced the her mum's living room. She had told her everything about Y/N and the lawyers.

"She has a right Lizzie." Jarnette told her as Lizzie just scoffed.

"What?" Lizzie questioned her as Jarnette sighed.

"She has a right. She is Kai's mum too." She told her daughter.

"It is my job. I can't help it if I need to travel and not want to leave my son." Lizzie told her.

"But it is at the other side of the world Elizabeth." Jarnette told her. "You can't expect Y/N to follow you everywhere because I know that Caleb will be going too."

Seriously mum." Lizzie groaned as she ran her hands through her hair. "You're supposed to be on my side here."

"I am on Kai's side. No one elses." Jarnette said as she walked to the kitchen with Lizzie on her heels.

"You just don't like Cal." Lizzie fired at her as Jarnette giggled.

"I don't." She told her daughter bluntly. "I preferred you and Y/N. You were so much happier with her."

"Yes I was, because we were in love but she called it quits. Not me." Lizzie told her angrily. "I have never stopped loving her. It's always been her."

"Then why are you with Caleb?" Jarnette asked her with a raised brow.

"I didn't want to be alone." She whispered as Jarnette smiled at her.

"Maybe that is the problem." Jarnette told her. "You have a fear of being alone, Y/N is afraid of bringing you down because she lost a lot after the accident. She lost her career and everything. She has always worked through everything alone. Only ever having one parent who really looked out for her. One serious relationship before you and she lost her."

"You know about Sally?" Lizzie asked her quietly.

"She told me." Jarnette told her. "She needed someone to talk to and I was here. It was before the accident."

"What else did you talk about?" Lizzie asked her as she shook her head no.

"I am not telling you." Jarnette told her sternly. "What Y/N tells me stays between her and I. No one else."

"I have a right mama." Lizzie told her.

"No you don't." Jarnette told her daughter. "What I have seen with the two of you. You both still need to heal. From the accident and the break up." Lizzie just sighed as she got her things ready to leave. "Also tell Caleb how you really feel. It's not fair to string him along if you don't feel the same."

With that Lizzie said her goodbye before heading to pick up Kai. As Y/N was meeting with her dad and one of his colleagues.

"What did you want to meet for?" Y/N asked as she entered her father's home.

"We have an idea strummer." He smiled at her.

"Ok?" She answered confused as she took a seat.

"This is my friend and colleague, James. He is a Neurologist at the hospital." He told her as he gestured for his friend to continue the conversation.

"We may have a solution for your nerve problem." He told her as it peaked her interest. "A nerve transplant."

"That's impossible." She laughed as her dad shook his head.

"It's not. It has been done a few times." He told her.

"You may be able to play again." Her dad told her. Her heart beating in her chest.

"I could play again?" She asked with tears in her eyes.

"It will be scheduled for after I have finished with all of my ongoing patients." Her dad told her as she looked confused. "You need a compatible donor and I am a match."

"But you love your job." She told him as he just smiled at her.

"Not as much as I love you." He told her. She couldn't believe the words she had just heard. The possibility of playing and writing again. Something she has always seen herself doing, since the moment she met Sally.

AN

Happy Birthday BrainiacMainiac Hope you have an awesome day buddy

Also enjoy this chapter dudes.