It simply proves that u don't have trust in ur teammates and insist on doing everything all by yourself while ur teammates are trying to keep up.

It's just like u won that trophy to prove how much u trained by yourself.

To Ryujin, that trophy means the trust u put in ur teammates.

Without trust, there will be no teamwork. Without teamwork, there will be no team. Without teams, there will be no tournament.

————

The first quarter ended on a good note. They were well ahead of their opponent.

25 - 17

Plopping down on a chair, Ryujin spotted a few familiar figures in the crowd.

She couldn't make out who they were, as she was too tired. She just shrugged it off.

It was better to not let her curiosity get the best of her. Especially not when the final is ongoing.

She wasn't playing for another quarter of the match, which meant she had quite some time to rest and calm her breathing.

However, the intensity of the game wouldn't help at all.

Her breath would hitch with every shoot the opponent made, and she would flinch with every mistake her team made.

She was too invested into the game to notice her friends watching them from the crowd.

One particular girl, however, has her attention all on the ace.

She wasn't even paying attention to the match. She was there to support her school, at first, but her intentions changed when she got onto the bleachers.

A particular blonde seemed to have caught her attention, more than all of the other players had.

————

The match ended with the players panting, coaches' throats were sore, everyone surprised, and the crowd had mixed emotions.

Why? U may ask

Well, Shin Ryujin had just made a half court shot at the last second of the match, landing it perfectly in the basket as well. I mean, she is the ace, after all.

At this point, I'm pretty sure u can tell who won.

The ace was now sprawled out on the court, clearly exhausted.

And the scores?

89 - 86

Yes, Shin Ryujin had just saved them from going into an overtime.

"Ohhh Ryujin I fucking love u" Chaeryeong sighed. She was way too exhausted to play an overtime round.

Ryujin, yeah I think she's dead.

"Get up." Chaeryeong said, putting her hand out for her best friend to hold on.

"Can I just stay here, for awhile?" Ryujin asked.

"We still have to go line up" Chaeryeong informed.

"Oh my goddd" Ryujin sighed. "Let's just get this over with, I wanna go home"

"U always do" Chaeryeong replied.

————

After the awards ceremony, the teams were packing up their stuff and leaving.

While some, namingly Heejin, Lisa and Chaeyoung, were still in shock that they won.

"Technically Ryujin scored majority of the points but we're not gonna talk about that" Heejin said. "Where is that girl anyway?"

"With her future girlfriend" Lisa joked, pointing to Ryujin and her friends.

————

"Congratssssss" Yeji, Lia and Yuna all said when Ryujin and Chaeryeong exited the building.

"Thanks" Ryujin smiled at them.

"I can't walk anymore" Chaeryeong said.

Ryujin gave her a weird look and received a smack on her arm. "Not in that way!" Chaeryeong exclaimed.

"OI THE VAN'S HERE" They heard Lisa yell.

"Oop, time to go" Ryujin said.

"See y'all at Ryu's house" Chaeryeong said, waving them goodbye.

"Again?" Ryujin whined while walking behind Chaeryeong.

(It's not even that late and I'm being forced to go to sleep

I also didn't check it so there were probably typos here and there)