Bheeshm: Putr tumne meri aankhon khol diya aur mujhko meri saamne jo satya usko dikhaya. Kaash Suton ko vidya prapt hone ka adhikaar hota tho phir tum ek uttam yodha ban paata. ( Son you have opened my eyes to the truth right in front of me. I wish Suts have the right to attain knowledge then you would have been a great warrior.)

Karn: Mahamahim aapko adhikar hai isse badalne ko par aap uss adhikar ko lene ki prayatn hi nahi kar rahe hain. Aap bhul rahe hain ki aapne pran liya tha hastinapur ki raksha aur hastinapur ka seva karenge. paranthu aapne apni pran ka asli arth samajhaa hi nahi. Hastinapur ka arth hota hastinapur ka simhasan kinthu usme rehne wale jan hain. Aap hastinapur ka raksha ki pran liya tha matlab Hastinapur ki simhasan ka paalan nahi kintu jan ki sukh aur dukh ko samajnha aur usko mittana. (Mahamahim you have the right to chsnge this but you still havent tried to. You forget that you had taken the oath to protect Hastinapur and to serve Hastinapur. Hastinapur does not mean the throne but instead the people living in hastinapur. You had taken the oath to protect hastinapur meaning not to carry out the orders of the throne but to understand the needs of the people and fulfill them.)

Bheeshm was ashamed that he had not been unable to understand his own oath for so long but a young man of around 16 or 17 yrs olds had understood it perfectly. he resolved to correct all his mistakes.

Karn: Mahamahim main aapse ek vinti kart hoon ki aap bas Gandhar raj Shakuni aur Hastinapur ki swaarthi jan unko samhaliye . Pandavo aur Kauravaon ko milwana usko mujhe karne dhijiye.Aur meri yodha banne ke baare mein aap chinta mat kijiye. Mujhe meri guru mil gaye aur meri shiksha mein jald hi nikal jaaunga.( mah

Bheeshm was a bit doubtfu and wanted to make amends of his own but having heard so much from Karn he knew to trust him and his words.

Bheeshm nodded and went back to the palace the entire time trying to figure out an excuse to get Shakuni out of Hastinapur. Once in the palace he noticed Duryodhan sitting alone in the garden.

Bheeshm: Duryodhan tum yaha akele kya kar rahe ho? Abhi toh bhojan ki samay ke hai. Aur tumhari bhaiyon bhi mujhe nahi dikh rahe hain.(Duryodhan what are you doing here alone ? It is time for breakfast right now. And I cant see your brothers as well.)
Duryodhan who was staring at the stars was shocked at the fact that Pitamah Bheeshm was talking to him and that too without scolding him. He looked suspiciously at him wondering if he was an imposter.
Bheeshm who had guessed the young prince's thought process just smiled wryly.
Bheeshm: Chinta mat Karo mein asli Pitamah hi hoon. (don't worry I am the real pitamah).
Duryodhan: Pranipat Pitamah. Mein apne bhojan khaa chuka hoon. Aur meri bhaiyon abhi bhojan kar rahe honge. Pandavon tho mata Kunti ke paas honge. (Greetings grandfather. I have already completed my breakfast. As for my brother's they are probably still eating breakfast. Pandavas are with Mother Kunti I think).
Bheeshm: Maine apni bhaiyon ke baare mein pucha tha par tumne Pandavon ke liye uttar diya tha. Kyun putr? (I had only asked about you brothers but you responded for the Pandavas as well. Why son?)
Duryodhan who had not realised that he had replied for the Pandavas as well was shocked as well. He claimed to hate the Pandavas but then when asked about his brothers he responded about them as well. He had always resented the Pandavas because they had gotten more affection from the elders of the family from a very young age. But then why had he answered for them as well?
Bheeshm: Tum sochte ho ki tum Pandavon ka bahut nafrat karte ho Aur unse jalan ho. Yeh mein jaanta hoon Aur iski karan bhi mujhe pata hai. Parantu tum unko abhi bhi prem karte ho. Tum unse nafrat ek karan ke liye kar rahe ho unko zyada prem mil raha hai. Parantu yeh kabhi mat bhulna ki tum bhi Hastinapur ka Raj kumar ho aur tum bhi iss parivaar ka hi hissa ho. ( You think that you hate the Pandavas a lot and are jealous of them. I know this and the reason for this as well. But deep down you still love them a lot. You hate them because they get more love and attention than you do. But never forget that you are the Prince of Hastinapur and just as much a part of the family as the Pandavas.)
Duryodhan was shocked hearing the words of Bheeshm. He had always thought that the elders of the family only cared for the pandavas but today his views had completely been changed. He felt elated knowing that there was still love towards him and his brothers even though it was not shown that much.
While Bheeshm talked with Duryodhan, they failed to notice another behind the pillars and listened to everything that had been said.....

Hey guys,so I know a lot of you have voted in the poll that I had posted last chapter. Thank you so much for that. I am gonna develop on that and have an idea of how to proceed.
But before I could proceed I felt that even though Bheeshm had taken a great oath he had not understood the oath he had taken and instead of protecting Hastinapur became one of the core reasons for the war between two sets of cousins who could have loved together perfectly. Personally I feel that none of the characters of this great epic are particularly bad or evil. Every single one of them had faults. This story that I am writing is to try and show all the characters in a good light and a future where all of them could have lived harmoniously.
I also wanted to inform you that I do not have a set schedule of writing. I just pen down the thoughts that come to mind as and when they appear. So if the updates take a lot of time I am extremely sorry for that.

Please review and comment any ideas you want me to try and incorporate into the story. Constructive critisism is always welcome and thanks so much for all the support you have given for this story.