Said the Spider to the Fly

Tate Ranch

Malia is laying on her stomach on her bed in her bedroom, reading a book about France and only half-paying attention to what Lydia, who has just picked up her suitcases, is saying to her. Leo was sat at Malia's desk, looking at his phone. To his luck, Leo had managed to get into Columbia without using his 'persuasion techniques' to get in. So, he was looking at an email about when he will be able to start his course in Psychology. Since the tutor had fallen ill and rushed to hospital, Columbia was trying to find a replacement. This meant him and everyone else taking the course would be starting later than everyone at Columbia. "Wolves, or Werewolves?" Malia asked, talking about the situation that occurred at school. "They said wolves." Lydia said. Malia flops onto her back and continues reading her book.

"Not interested. You two go." Malia said. "Liam was asking for help from the Werecoyote, not the Banshee or the siren." Lydia said. "Why me?" Malia asked annoyed. Lydia, clearly becoming impatient with Malia's lack of enthusiasm, retorts in a sarcastic tone of voice. "Because you're the former animal. No one understands mysterious animal situations like you do." Lydia said. Malia didn't seem convinced. "The quicker you do it, the quicker it will be over." Leo told his sister, not looking up from his screen. Malia flops back onto her stomach and looks Lydia in the eyes with her book still in her hands. "I'm done with mysterious animal situations. I want mysterious men-- French ones." Malia said. Lydia makes a face at Malia before noticing that the website tracking Malia's flight to Paris is blinking REROUTED.

"Your flight's delayed." Lydia said drolly. Malia, unwilling to miss her opportunity to travel to Europe, continues to argue with Lydia. "No, no... It's re-routed. There's a difference." Malia said. Leo raised a brow as he glanced at Malia. "Delayed is what happens when a flight is rerouted. So, you have plenty of time to help--" Lydia said. Lydia is distracted by another pop-up on Malia's laptop before continuing. "And there's a storm system shutting down Charles DeGaulle Airport." Lydia said, finishing her sentence. Malia glances back to look at the computer before scoffing and returning to her book. "It's a minor shower." Malia said. Lydia puts her hands on Malia's bed and leans forward as she gives her a stern look, and Malia sighs before turning around and slamming her laptop shut and arguing in a defensive voice.

"Liam's got everything covered. They were just dead wolves. It doesn't sound supernatural to me." Malia said. Lydia stands back on her feet and sighs as she rolls her eyes. "And why can't Leo go? He's part werewolf." Malia said. "I'm busy trying to find out if I can actually learn at Columbia since my tutor is being replaced." Leo said, looking up from his phone. Malia rolled her eyes. "Plus, I'm helping Alice and Kai with what lessons to pick for their Senior Year." Leo said, looking back down at his phone. "What are they deciding?" Lydia asked. Leo scrolled up on his phone. "Kai's considering either music or AP Chemistry. And Alice is picking Latin, for obvious reasons, AP Calculus and Business Studies." Leo said, looking up from his phone after he finished.

"Sounds right." Lydia said. Leo nodded before looking back down at his phone, starting to scroll again. "Leo?" Lydia asked. Leo hummed. "You haven't been off your phone in 5 hours." Lydia told her boyfriend. "Whatever you want." Leo said, clearly not listening. Lydia and Malia exchanged a look before nodding at each other. Malia grabbed his phone. "Hey!" Leo shouted, trying to grab it. Lydia pushed him back onto the chair. "Leo, what's up?" Lydia asked worried. Leo sighed. "I haven't got any emails saying that they've found a replacement for my psychology class and I'm starting to get worried that I won't be able to go to Columbia." Leo said. Lydia nodded in understanding. "Ok. Listen to me. Everything will be fine. They will find a replacement. You will go to Columbia and you will learn more about psychology and be the best in the class." Lydia told her boyfriend.

Leo smiled and nodded. "You're right. It's just after being trapped by the Ghost Riders and missing out on the last months of school, I don't want to miss out on going to college." Leo said. Lydia looked at him sympathetically before kissing his cheek. "Don't worry. You won't miss out." Lydia reassured him. Leo smiled gratefully at his girlfriend. "Ok." Leo said. He then looked at Malia, who was reading her book. "Can I have my phone back?" Leo asked. Malia just pointed to her nightstand. Leo saw his phone on the nightstand and picked it up before placing it in his pocket.