Before he could say anything (most likely requesting her to commit suicide with him again), a hand hit the back of his head into the table.

Kunikida. Y/N blinked, eyes moving down to the man who was face-first on the smooth wooden table.

"Are you going to smear mud on the Agency's name right as I'm saying we never would?! You bastard! Don't bother asking for her help all the time! I'll crush your neck!"

Kunikida was.. enthusiastic.. as ever as he started to suffocate Dazai.

Y/N deadpanned, watching the scene infront of her unimpressed.

"By the way, what were you three doing before you joined the Agency?" Atsushi asked, unnerved immediately as the three older detectives turned towards him.

Atsushi gave a sheepish smile, "Uh, no real meaning behind that question, by the way."

"Take a guess." Dazai said, sitting backwards in his chair with his arms draped over the back.

"Huh?" Atsushi blinked, confused.

"It's a game we play! The rookie tries to guess their senior colleagues' former jobs!" Y/N clapped her hands together, still confident that nobody would ever be able to guess hers without her telling them.

"It's a part of their training, as well." Kunikida added, trying to make the game seem more professional than it actually was.

Atsushi turned to the siblings, observing them before slowly saying, "Tanizaki-san and Naomi-san.. were students?"

"Oh, bingo. I'm impressed!" Junichiro smiled lightly.

"How did you know?" Naomi tilted her head, curious on how the boy came to that answer.

"I heard you're a part-time worker, and I thought you might still be a student given your uniform. Tanizaki-san seems close to me in age, so.. just a hunch." Atsushi smiled at the two.

"Honesty is a virtue." Dazai hummed before turning towards the blond next to him, "What about Kunikida-kun?"

Kunikida coughed, moving the cup of tea away from his mouth and slamming it on the table, "Who cares about what I used to be?!"

Atsushi's eye twitches before answering, "Public worker? An official?"

"Ooh! Close! He was a teacher, a math teacher!" Y/N corrected, Atsushi pondering on it for a moment before nodding shortly in agreement.

"I can totally see that."

"Me next! Me next! Atsu-chan! Guess me next!" Y/N leaned forward in her chair, nearly falling over if not for Dazai catching the back of the chair to keep her held upright.

"Y/N-san?" Atsushi blinked in surprise.

"Yep!" Y/N nodded with a wide grin, curious as to what the boy would come up with.

People tended to guess something to do with candy or sweets? An odd guess, honestly.

Perhaps it was knowing what she was technically before, that made any other guesses weird..