"Pretty well? Could you not see the discomfort and anguish in his face? Sure, he didn't make a fuss. But that doesn't mean he handled it well." The Overworld King argued.

"That's exactly what I mean. He shouldn't make a fuss at all, he should be glad he's finally getting married." The Ender King argued back.

"Glad? He's getting married to someone he barely even knows!" The Overworld King shouted, slamming his fist onto the table.

"Then why make him do it?" The Ender King yelled back, matching the other king's tone.

"You know exactly why! I'm not the only one making their kid marry someone else's!" The Overworld King screamed.

"Well, at least they didn't make a big deal out of it!" The Ender King screeched.

{Meanwhile}

Tubbo walked down the castle halls, tears threatening to fall, the sun's gleaming rays shining through the window panes.

The prince kept walking until he reached the door of the grand garden. He opened it and walked through, not bothering to fully close the glass door.

He walked through the garden, not paying attention to any of the vibrant flowers. Not even the fuzzy bees collecting pollen.

He walked and walked until he reached the oak wood bench. He sat down, not knowing what to do, he felt helpless.

He didn't want to marry someone he barely knows, and soon nonetheless. When is soon anyway? The Ender King didn't elaborate, not like the prince gave him a chance.

Tubbo just sat on the bench, thinking about what the Ender King had told him. He was so deep in thought he didn't notice someone had sat down next to him.

"Hey"

The Overworld prince flinched at the voice.

"Why are you here." The Overworld prince said.

The Ender prince just stayed quiet, staring down at their fiddling hands. They must be nervous too.

"Look," The Ender prince finally said.

"We have to get married, there's no way around it. I know you don't want to and neither do I."

The Overworld prince doesn't want to hear what the Ender prince has to say, instead he just looks to his far left.

"But, divorce is always an option."

That caught the Overworld prince's attention, he turned his gaze from the scenery to his soon to be spouse.

"My father didn't say anything about us not being able to get a divorce once we're married."

"So we can divorce right after we're married?" The Overworld prince asked.

"Well, no. Not that quick anyway. We'll get divorced at the end of the first year of our arranged marriage. Alright?" The Ender prince said.

"A year?!" The Overworld prince said, shocked. "Why not a few months instead?"

"No, we can't. The public doesn't know that the marriage between us is arranged. If we divorce so soon the people of our kingdoms will suspect something. And that'll tarnish our reputations. They'll think we're unreliable, they'll think we're liars." The Ender prince reasoned.

As much as the Overworld prince didn't want to admit it, the Ender prince is right. There really is no way around this.

"Alright..But we'll get divorce once the time is up, got it?" The Overworld prince stated.

"Got it, so it's a deal?"

"It's a deal."

"Right then, let's go." The Ender prince said, getting up.

"What?" The Overworld prince questioned, getting up himself.

"Let's go back inside, we left our fathers in the dining room."

"Oh, right."

...

The duo walked down the hall, the sun rays seeping through the windows dimmed, the sun is setting. The day is almost over.

The dining room is down the hall to the right. The duo is almost close before hearing a voice call out to the Overworld prince.

"Tubbo!" Lani shouted.

Tubbo turned around, to see his sister at the other end of the hallway.

"Do you need something, Lani?" Tubbo asked, stepping forward.

"Father needs you! The Ender King also wants to see his kid as well! So bring them along!" Lani shouted across the hall, pointing at Ranboo for the last part.

"Where is Father, Lani?" Tubbo said, walking over to his sister with Ranboo close behind.

"Father is in the main room, follow me." Lani said, leading the way.

...

"Father?" Tubbo said, walking into the main room. Ranboo left Tubbo's side to go see their own father.

"There you are, here." The Overworld King said, handing Tubbo a small velvet box.

"You can open it and put it on." The Overworld King said, backing away slowly before standing upright again. Tubbo nodded and opened the box.

An engagement ring was in the box.

The ring is made out of obsidian and embroidered with amethysts. The Overworld prince's ring represents his spouse's world, The End.

As for the Ender prince, they also got a small velvet box from their father. Their ring, however, is made of gold and embroidered with emeralds to represent their spouse's world, The Overworld.

Both princes put the rings on, admiring the beauty of the rings. Despite the upcoming wedding, both princes loved the rings.

Unbeknownst to the Overworld King and prince, who were talking to one another, the Ender King and prince walked out of the room.

Once out of the room, out of hearing range of the two inside, the Ender King turned to Ranboo.

"Now then, Ranboo, you'll stay here for a week." The Ender King said, nonchalantly.

"Pardon? Fath--" Ranboo started, before being cut off by the Ender King.

"Don't argue with me, Ran." The Ender King said, venom laced in his voice.

"Yes Father, but... At least tell me why." Ranboo said, not daring to make eye contact with the Ender King.

"You need to get to know your fiancé, or else this marriage will fall apart." The Ender King spoke, apathetically.

The Ender prince could give less of a damn about this arranged marriage, but they have to do this.

After all, they need to be married before their coronation.
_________________________________________

A/N: Writer's block is a bitch

Word Count: 1505