4.

With her mission in mind, Constance stood at the bus stop early the next morning to make sure she didn't miss it. As the doors opened and the already stuffy air from inside came to greet her in the face, she climbed the steps of the bus with confidence. She deposited her change at the front of the bus as her eyes scanned the people already there. Her eyes soon landed on the man she was looking for. He was dressed as he normally was; his eyes staring out the bus window he was seated beside as he stared at the wakening morning outside.

Constance walked down the aisle of the bus, placing herself in the empty seat directly behind him. She stared at the back of his well styled hair as the bus lurched into motion. She restrained herself from saying anything until the bus rounded a corner and the standard bus chit-chat mixed with the local radio station jingles well and truly filled the air.

"Hey there," she said as she leaned forward; the man in front of her not looking at her at all. She knew this would not be an easy victory by any means.

Like she expected, he didn't respond. She fell silent again for a moment as she dug her notebook out of her messenger bag to look at the list of names she had compiled the night before.

"So, you can ignore me all you want, but I am bound and determined that I will get to know you anyway," she remarked.

With the silence that came with her talking, she chuckled and moved to continue speaking.

"I figured that I can't really get to know you better without knowing your name, so I'm going to start listing off names. You can tell me if I get the right one or - at the very least - if I'm geting hot."

She heard muttering in front of her; a small smile of victory coming to her face as she leaned forward so that her head was slightly over the back of his seat.

"What did you say?"

"You really have nothing better to do?" he asked as he kept his eyes trained out the window; a scowl upon his lips.

"Nope. I'm currently unemployed so it's your lucky day," she said as she settled back, looking down at the list of names she had written down. She wasn't sure what his name might be seeing that he was of Asian descent but living in America. She decided to list a slew of names that were popular in all ethnicities to start.

"Robert."

Upon not getting an answer, she crossed the name off and went on to the next one.

"Gunwoo."

"Derek."

"Jiho."

She kept on going for the next half hour and through multiple stops, making quick work of the list of names she had compiled. Unfortunately the man didn't respond to any of them. Sighing as she flipped the third page in her notebook, she leaned forward to see that he was still facing the window but his eyes were shut.

'Is he actually sleeping?' she thought, shocked.

"Did I bore you that much?" she snapped, watching as a small smirk came onto his face.

"Yes. I'm hoping you'll finally get the hint and leave me alone."

She humphed as she leaned back in her seat at his words. She knew that he would be a tough nut to crack, but she couldn't help but to start feeling frustrated.

"I get the hint, but I refuse to acknowledge it," she said.

Constance knew it was time to take things up a notch. When the bus stopped, she moved to get up. She could see the man open his eyes to stare at her, watching as they widened in shock when she dared to plop down right beside him.