chapter 3 ♡

As Akane was leaving the school, he slowly drifted into another world. A world of his thoughts. He often, though unknowingly, got lost in his mind as an escape from reality.

He was about to cross the street, when suddenly he heard a scream from behind him. It was like no other sound Akane had heard before. It was a scream filled with pure horror, worry, and fear. A pale, rosy hand gripped his arm tightly and pulled him away from the damp street. It was Teru's arm.

Akane realized what happened as he saw a semi truck not more than six feet away from his face race down the street. Teru Minamoto had narrowly saved him from death.

Akane stood frozen, his eyes wide in fear, and felt a cold tear roll down his cheek. Slowly, he turned to face Teru, who still held onto his arm. Something took over Akane. He hugged Teru, embracing him tightly, and cried.
"Teru...thank you," He said softly, the sound muffled under his sobs. Teru hesitated, not knowing what to do. Do I hug him back...? he thought. But Teru decided that Akane needed it.
"I'm just glad you're okay. Next time, don't be so airheaded. It's not a good look for a vice president." Secretly, he smiled, embracing Akane gently.