Hacker

Anger.

A feeling that has been constantly flowing in my bloodstream since I sat on my desk, which was like- four hours ago.

During the early stages of technology, I was aware of the fact that it was not seen as completely ethical.

People, being people, saw technology as a threat- thinking that it's something that the rich and powerful came up with so they can take over the world or some shit like that.

And believe it or not, I was one of those people.

My trust issues were much higher than my dopamine, serotonin, and endorphin production level that I literally avoided technology at all cost.

But now, as I stare at my monitor screen-I smiled pleased about the things that i was seeing.

"This is why you don't mess with a Swiftie. We don't get sad, we get even," I spoke to myself as I smiled from ear to ear.

Vlad Kossorov is an A+ asshole with a bachelor's degree in psychopathy.

He was the head of the Russian Mafia in the city, or the Bratva in short, and he literally controls every activity that goes on inside this city.

Yeah, I know.

He's not just an asshole and a psychopath.

He's a possessive bastard as well.

The son of a bitch was so possessive that he literally takes everything that he sets his eyes on as long as it's in his territory.

He took over the businesses in the upper part of the city about two years ago, he took that stupid sculpture that always scares the shit out of me from a hitman who used to work for him, and lastly- he forced me to work for him.

I'm not that satisfied with my life but before this, I had so much freedom.

I worked at a local law firm as an Ethical hacker and that's literally what's making me move everyday.

I said no to Vlad's offer multiple times, but he didn't gave up. He continued to increase the "benefits" of this position for me until he couldn't take it anymore

And in general- I'm saying that he had his men kidnap me and bring me into his fortress. We made some sort of deal together, and that's the only reason why I still get to go home to my house every day.

I'm not saying that I'm happy with this though.

I could do so much than just listen to bad business being done during my free time.

As I continued to scroll down to the tab that my terminal was showing me, I heard my office door open.

And once the door was slammed shut, a familiar voice from behind me spoke.

"That isn't what I wanted you to do, Ms. Carpenter," He spoke in a clearly disappointed tone.

But instead of getting scared, I smiled immediately as soon as I heard him say that.

Exiting the tab for a brief second, I turned the office chair around so I could face him.

And that's when I frowned.

The bastard goes back and forth killing people in the city while he wears a fucking suit.

A FUCKING SUIT!

It's literally scorching hot today but he doesn't seem to give a fuck about it.

Heck- he isn't even sweating!

"Well, that's what you get from forcing people who doesn't want to work for you," I sassed crossing my arms above my chest as I faced his frowning figure.