1-20

1) lightning is 5 x hotter that the sun

2) Hot water freezes faster than cold water

3) Avocados are a fruit, not a vegetable.
(They're technically considered a single-seeded berry)

4) The Eiffel Tower can be 15 cm taller during the summer
(due to thermal expansion meaning the iron heats up, the particles gain kinetic energy and take up more space.)

5) Allodoxaphobia is the fear of other people's opinions
(It's a rare social phobia that's characterised by an irrational and overwhelming fear of what other people think.)

6) It's illegal to own just one guinea pig in Switzerland.
(It's considered animal abuse because they're social beings and get lonely ❤️)

7) The Ancient Romans used to drop a piece of toast into their wine for good health - hence why we 'raise a toast'.

8) The heart of a shrimp is located in its head.

9) shrimp have an open circulatory system, which means they have no arteries and their organs float directly in blood.

10) People are more creative in the shower.
(When we take a warm shower, we experience an increased dopamine flow that makes us more creative)

11) A 73-year-old bottle of French Burgundy became the most expensive bottle of wine ever sold at auction in 2018, going for $558,000 (approx £439,300). The bottle of 1945 Romanee-Conti sold at Sotheby for more than 17 times its original estimate of $32,000.
(That's one expensive bottle of wine !!)

12) Competitive art used to be an Olympic sport.
(Between 1912 and 1948, the international sporting events awarded medals for music, painting, sculpture and architecture)

13) A chef's hat has 100 pleats
(it's meant to represent the 100 ways you can cook an egg.)

14) The smallest state has the longest official name: "State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations

15) Bees can sting other bees
usually if they feel threatened or are protecting their territory

16) Mercury & Venus are the only 2 planets in our solar system that have no moons

17) Mars has two moons

18) Even though daytime temperatures on Mercury soar to 750 degrees Fahrenheit (400 degrees Celsius), ice can occur in craters sheltered from the sun. There, the surface is exposed to cold space

19) No one knows how old Saturn's rings are

20) The hottest planet in our solar system is Venus