They could feel their heartbeat thumping so fast in their ribcage that it felt like it was about to jump out, they couldn't stop themselves from breathing quickly, nor could they stop their vision getting blurry again.

Stumbling onto the ground, the h/c haired sat there for what felt like hours, trying to calm down the panic that swelled in their heart.

Sure, they loved the game but it was rather fucking different when you're there in real life.

Pinching their arm, they felt pain explode from the pinched area, wincing. Taking another deep breath, they ran their hands down their face. The breaths they took were slowly starting to become deeper, less quick, allowing more oxygen in their body. Y/N was still shaking, but quietly got up and made sure they could stand before moving to the edge of the hill they stood on.

Y/N could see the sun was high into sky, making them feel relieved at the fact it would still be daylight for a few more hours. It gives them time to figure shit out. Sitting themselves on the edge of the mountain, legs swinging free, they began to think.

First things first; seeing that they had seen Zho— Rex Lapis' spear, Y/N could safely assume they were in Liyue, but unable to figure out where exactly there were in Liyue. Considering it looked completely different from in game, except for a few mountains. Another thing was where exactly in the timeline were they at?

It was easy to assume that they had been plonked in the world either before the Archon War, or right smack bang in the middle of it, but due to the fact that Zhongli had spoken of the Archon War as something that was pure bloodshed, then if the time were during the Archon War, then there would be more fighting.

But the other thing was that Y/N had only been awake for ten minutes, twenty max, by now. Not much to go on.

Whilst the excitement of seeing the Archon War take place in real time made them giddy... actually seeing it would be traumatising. Especially in Liyue - not to mention Mondstadt with Decarabian and the war for freedom that resulted in Venti, the little wind spirit, becoming Barbatos, the Anemo Archon.

There was also the fact that Y/N was in a young person's body - maybe young teens at most. They'd have to find a lake to check their physical appearance.

But that made a question arise; do they go find out what that smoke was - considering from what lore was given during Archon quests, the camp that Rex Lapis and Guizhong had that held the people of Liyue often moved to different places.

Perhaps it was better if Y/N went on their own for a while until they figured shit out. It was better to be safe than sorry - who knew what the characters in this time period was like. Rex Lapis was known to be brutal, ruthless, often resorted to violence, and indifferent to matters that never exactly concerned him. Guizhong on the other hand - the rival engineer of Cloud Retainer, the best friend of Madam Ping - was soft-spoken, intelligent, kind yet was strict and firm when needed. She often kept Rex Lapis from going out of control, kept him calm.

Y/N made up their mind - they'd rather not going through the fact of how suspicious them being there would occur different opinions, ones of which power rivalled that of Gods.

Getting up safely from the top of the hill, they made their way down. It was oddly peaceful, seeing no hilichurls or any particular mobs that would attack you. Seeing the abundance of glaze lilies across the landscape that wasn't barren was beautiful, no wonder Guizhong loved them so much. If qingxin's didn't hold so much power of them (thanks, Xiao!), then glaze lilies would definitely take the first place of favourite Genshin flower.

Hours later (Y/N never realised how much time it takes to go down a fucking mountain) and their throat felt as dry as the desert in Sumeru. They needed water as soon as possible - and some food too.