I quickly pulled my blaster out of its holster and aimed it towards the two men. They shot at Din again and he almost fell over from the impact.

"Get the child." One of the men said to the third man who I hadn't noticed. My heart beat sped up as my eyes flickered over to the child. The child was crying as he tried to get up off the ground.

I heard footsteps racing behind me causing me to spin round on my heels with my blaster raised. A fourth man who I hadn't noticed was rushing at me from behind. I quickly pulled the trigger of my blaster and shot him in his shoulder, knocking him to the ground.

I spun back around when I heard the sound of metal hitting Beskar and Din grunting in pain. One of the men had knocked his blaster from his hand. I quickly aimed my blaster at the man and tried to get a good shot, but he kept moving too fast, I didn't want to risk shooting Din.

I then decided to race forward to try and help him. I came up behind the man who was fighting Din but just before I could attack, another man grabbed me from behind and pushed me up against the rock next to Din. I grunted as my back hit the hard rock. The two of us were pinned up against the rock as we struggled against the men's hold. I fought hard to keep the man at arms length as he pushed against me.

From over the man's shoulder, I could see the smaller man who had tried to get the child suddenly raise a large blaster towards all of us. Luckily, Din grabbed the blaster with the wire from his vambrace and pulled the blaster over to him. The blaster then hit the two men in the head, causing them to let go of us and fall to the ground unconscious.

There was only a moment of silence before the smaller man called out to us. my heart dropped when I saw the child in his arms, he was holding a knife up to him as a threat.

"Wait! Don't hurt the child." Din said urgently

"Please." I added, my eyes were wide with worry.

"If you put one mark on him, there's no place you will be able to hide from us." Din stated firmly with his hands raised to his sides.

"We can strike a bargain. There's a lot of value in this wreckage. Take your pick. But leave the child." Din offered

He pointed his knife at Mando and said something in a language I didn't understand.

"Okay." Din said as he reached back and unclipped his jetpack. I furrowed my brows at how readily he was giving up his armor.

"Here. It's yours." Din said cautiously as he placed the jetpack on the ground.

"It's okay." Din said as he backed away from the jetpack.

The man then placed the child carefully on the ground and picked up the jetpack. The child whimpered once he was out of the man's grasp.

The man then turned on his heels and began to run away. The child cooed worriedly and ran as fast as his little legs would take him over to us. He held his hands out and went straight over to Din. He bent down and gently scooped the child up into his arms.

"You okay?" He asked the child once he was in his hold.

I stood close to Din as I looked over his shoulder at the child, my eyes quickly scanned him to make sure he wasn't hurt, but he seemed to be fine.

Din turned to look at the man who was running as fast as he could with the jetpack in his grasp. He pressed a button on his vambrace and the man suddenly lifted up into the air. I couldn't help the laugh that left my lips as the man yelled and flew into the air unexpectedly.

Once the man was high enough, Din turned off the jetpack and let him fall back down to the ground. The man landed heavily on the sandy ground and I had to cover my mouth with my hand to stop myself from laughing anymore. It really shouldn't be funny.