CHAPTER TWO

.
.
.
.
.
.

Kat watches as her photo is sat on the football field next to a podium, the seats slowly filling up as she sighs

Kat watches as her photo is sat on the football field next to a podium, the seats slowly filling up as she sighs. "Isn't it funny cupcake? They treat you like shit and then once your gone they cry..... by next week their back to talking about the newest gossip." Rhonda huffs suddenly walking up next to the girl who shrugs.

It didn't really affect her being dead, it was similar to how she was alive being ignored and no one knowing of her existence. The only thing that sucked was her dead pointless dream of getting away from her father and having a life of her own.

She was free now- bound to a location forever but she was free to do as she pleased yet- she was still shielded.

"I'm just surprised their doing anything at all. I didn't talk to anyone so what memories could they share? What kind words?" Kat says with a pointed glare at the superintendent that fixes his tie and forces a look of sadness.

"Good evening students.... Faculty, and concerned parents. Today we hold a memorial for Katherine Verro, one of our fellow students that sadly left us a little too early. We have officially decided her locker will forever remain empty. Her father Ivan has donated a photo and plaque to go on it for her memory." Kat feels the breathe leave her lungs as she follows the older man's sights to her father.

"Whoa hey- we get to meet your dad." Wally's says with a smile appearing with Charley as Kat looks away from the man approaching them.

He steps up to the podium shaking the superintendent's hand before looking out across the huge crowd. Kat looks to him swallowing harshly as she felt like his eyes stared at her, but they looked right through her.

"Good evening.... I don't really know what to say..... having lost my wife many years ago it's just been me and Katherine. We really relied on each other as we went through such a rough patch. Katherine was smart, she got the best grades, she was kind so- I don't understand how some teen boy could just kill her like it was nothing. He took my pride and Joy-..... if he ever gets out of jail he better fear me." Ivan says making Katherine blink slowly in disbelief.

"Your dad better not kill him on school grounds or your screwed." Rhonda laughs at the irony making Wally and Charles give her a look to stop.

"I will be setting up an annual scholarship.... For bullied kids at this school to get to college and chase their dreams like I know Katherine planned to do." Ivan says before leaving the mic and walking away acting upset.

"Thank you Mr. Verro. Im hoping from now on these students see that their words and actions have consequences. May this scholarship be a reminder for future students to be more mindful," the superintendent says before having a moment of silence before dismissing the assembly.

"Come on let's go get something to eat and- talk." Charley tries to persuade Kat but she follows her father to a pay phone. All looks of sadness gone as she watched him. Waiting to see the cold harsh man she knew when she was alive,