Chapter 1: The Ending continues...

Brief context for readers who've not watched the drama The King's Affection.

Synopsis:

The story is set during the Joseon Dynasty, at a time when twins were considered an ominous sign. As a result, when the Crown Princess gives birth to twins, an order is sent to kill the daughter and keep the son alive. To save her, she is secretly sent out of the palace.

When she arrived back to the palace as a servant, the crown prince(her identical twin brother) switched places with her to explore the city and killed by mistake in the place of his sister. The queen realized it is her long lost daughter, decides to keep her identity as the Crown Prince Lee Hwi in order to not loose another child of hers as well. She dies later due to illness and later her father dies due to insider conspiracy but he reconciles with her that he tried to protect her by keeping her secret. 

Crown Prince Lee Hwi became king due to the ambitious goal of her grandfather(the villain who also killed her father) to have a puppet king and marries Noh Ha-kyung Youngest daughter of the Minister of Military Affairs. Our queen has devoted love towards the king regardless knowing king is not in love with her and later that she's indeed a woman. Meanwhile our king Lee Hwi conspires against her grandfather to eradicate corruption in her kingdom so the citizens can live in peace rather than living in fear and extreme poverty due to corruption and draconian laws.

Some of kings allies her cousin, tutor, servants were in danger due to her action, in the attempt to make her step brother as king to replace her in the crown, she confessed her disguise to her wife the queen and fought her grandfather, later kill...

Some of kings allies her cousin, tutor, servants were in danger due to her action, in the attempt to make her step brother as king to replace her in the crown, she confessed her disguise to her wife the queen and fought her grandfather, later killed him drinking poisoned tea after a long battle loosing many of her allies. 

Now the story remains true to its original drama up until this point including the love affair between the king and the tutor but this story is going to evolve and mostly focus the GL between The King and The queen and how their affection grows be...

Now the story remains true to its original drama up until this point including the love affair between the king and the tutor but this story is going to evolve and mostly focus the GL between The King and The queen and how their affection grows between each other along with some drama around other characters and civic politics. From the drama we knew they both loved and respected each other, now it's time for the king to actually realized fall in love for her queen as well.

The Real Story begins: 

POV: Third Person

Its a dawn of time, our king, his majesty finally shows some sign of waking up from her deep slumber. As her eyes open up with a glazed look, she notice someone attending her as she regains her consciousness. She dreamt of a world where her brother and her both lived and accepted as who they're, the identical twins living free and happy as their hearts content. She the crown princess marrying her tutor Ji-woon and her brother the king with the kind and loving precious woman Ha Kyung, the queen. "my queen" the king smiling as the queens pleasant face disappears from her dreams to reveal an altruistic face focused on her.

The unconsciousness disappears as she opens up more to focus on someone who's in-front of her, attending to her, "My King, You're awake" a soft concerning voice soothing to the ears echoes, it is indeed the queen but in reality. Her hands embrace the kings face with tears building up in her eyes, "you're awake, you're finally awake" a shaky voice with full of joy filling her ears. The smile disappears from the kings face as soon as she realize it's no longer a dream anymore, somehow she's indeed alive, inside the palace, in her room which only means one thing "my queen, what has happened?" she continues before the queen could respond to her. "No, you cannot be here, it's dangerous, why did you come back? I ordered you to.." 

"you can't make me stay away when I know you're in danger" The queen gently responds in order to calm down the king. "I left as you asked but how can I stay away from you when I heard you drank poison to save this country" her tears falling down as she speaks. "killed my own grandfather you mean" The king had a smirky response, she gains her strength to sit up straight "the more reason you shouldn't be here right now, I lost my step brother, my one last family to this crown, I don't want to loose anyone I love anymore". A concerning look was exchanged, shortly as it intensified the flustered queen breaks the eye contact and looks down to fluff the towel "Do you know you've been unconscious for 3 days now" she continues to fix her dress as she attends to provide services to the king. 

The king hesitantly holds the queens hand and a single glimpse sparked something magical, looks like it's not only the queen has flustered this time, there's a knock on the door and the kings servants arrive "oh, your majesty, you're awake" "we're glad you're awake". The king relieved to see some-other familiar faces who's still alive after her passing out for three days. Queen quickly released her hands from the king, "you may have things to discus, I'm done here anyway" she gives a few glance to her beloved king before walking away unwillingly" 

The king stares at her queen as she walks away and was distracted by her servants, now filled with questions and confusion she asks "what happened, how am I still alive?" with distressed look "are you still safe in the palace? my cousin, tutor.." ah the tutor, last time she saw him was when she was dying in his arms, it feels like almost in another lifetime. "First you need to rest and should regain strength to be ready to face what's in-front of you your majesty" The court lady continues "Queen mother has her kindness and is on your side" and was cut by eunuch Hong and he blurred out "but not many court officials are, they already made your cousin and the tutor disappear" as the court lady gives him a harsh look to read the damn room.

"wait what did you say?" The reality finally sink in for the king. It was revealed that her cousin and the tutor was missing from the day of the battle after they both carried her to safety and left in the care of the court lady. They both were brutally wounded and went out to fight and protect the person they both loved, the king. That day has brought so many losses, losses that cannot be regained but missing? why would they be missing and i'm alive inside the palace, it didn't make sense to the king. She should've been dead, they should've been dead for treason, conspiring against the kingdom, hiding her true identity, heck killing their grandfather..  are they even alive? if they're not why weren't their bodies displayed to make a statement? Why nothing makes sense? how will the king solve this?

She should definitely pay a visit to the Queens mother to get to the bottom of this..

continues.. Next chapter, next week.. from King Lee Hwi POV

--

Writers Note:

Hi, Thank you for reading so far, I plan to post every week and continue the story in a more realistic fanficy way. :) please leave your fed back and comment so I know what you enjoy and don't about this story.

Thank you I truly appreciate you taking the time to read my story. I've planned to write other heartwarming, positive GL, WLW stories as well, so please take a peak if you're interested.

I wrote 1300 words, is it enough for a chapter or should i write more words and paragraph for you? is my style ok?