Chapter 3- Lets Talk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New chap. Enjoy my readers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You do?" He asks, beaming like an excited child.

"Yeah, I think his name is Steve an-"

"I know that name. I know it." He interrupts, eyes wide.

"-and I think I know someone who can get him to talk to you." I finish.

He sits, a huge grin on his face and he's really, genuinely happy.

"Will you call them?" He asks.

"Of course, right now." I say, pulling my phone out of my pocket and unlocking it.

I tap on my contacts and scroll down until I reach the one and only, Tony Stark. I tap call and put the phone to my ear. It rings once, twice, three times before he picks up.

"My darling Y/N, are you alright?" He says, sarcasm in his voice.

"Hey, Tony. I'm alright, but I need to talk to Steve." I say, messing with a piece of my hair.

Tony has been a close family friend ever since I was kid, he was always there in emergencies. We had lived next door to each other as kids and our friendship stuck. He would do anything for me, and vice versa. But we haven't talked in months, between my work schedule and his whole Avengers thing neither of us has had much time anyway. I only hope he won't give me too much sass about where I've been lately.

"Oh, I get it. Using me to get to meet the Avengers, huh? What about me? I have feelings too ya know." He says, putting as much sass as possible into his words.

"Cool it Tony. Its important." I roll my eyes. Sassy little man, he is.

"What's more important than talking to your best friend? Do you have a secret lover I don't know about?"

"Okay one; you're not my best friend, two; No I don't have a secret lover. But Tony, l I've found him." I say, trying to be serious.

"Rude. Wait, you mean you found Robocop? No way. I owe Bruce fifty bucks." I can almost see him frown and let out a laugh. "How fast can you get to the tower?" He asks, oblivious to my laughing at him.

"He wants to see Steve. Can you get Steve there soon?" I ask.

"Done. I shot him a text saying we found his friend from the helicarrier and that he needs to get here ASAP. Good enough for you?"

"Thank you so much Tony. See you soon."

"Later Y/N."

I hang up and turn to the man sitting on my couch. He's staring at a book on the table, not moving.

"Hey." I say and he looks up at me once more. "I've arranged for you to see Steve. We've got to go to a friend's place though."

"Tony, right? Howard's kid?" He says, standing.

"Yeah. Did you know him?" I ask.

"I think. Name sounds familiar."

"Hmm. You can ask Steve. Speaking of, we should go. But you need to change first." I point at his clothes.

"Why?" he squints, eyeing me suspiciously.

"It might be a little suspicious driving to Stark's place wearing a full blown assassin's uniform. " Also I don't want to get arrested but that too.

He looks down to his clothes and agrees. "Yeah. You happen to have anything I could wear?"

"I'll be right back." I run to my bedroom and fling open the closet door. I rummage through piles of clothes and shoes until I reach the stuff I was looking for. Some of my older brother's stuff got mixed in with mine the last time we visited my mom, so I've just had them in the back of my closet since. A couple pairs of jeans, a few T-shirts, a jacket, and his converse. I grab a pair of dark jeans, a black band tee, a black hoodie, and the shoes. I rush back out to the living room and hand the pile to him.

"Here. Bathroom is down the hall to the right." I dump the clothes in his arms.

"Thanks." He says, leaving the room and going to the bathroom.

I hurry back to my bedroom and grab my phone charger and computer, now that I know where we are going will have electricity and WiFi. I grab a smaller bag and stuff those in it with a book or two. I go back to the living room and grab my keys. I hear the creak of a door and shuffling of feet. I turn around and see the soldier, dressed in the clothes I gave him. They seem to fit well, and he looks pretty good to be honest.

His shoulder length hair has been put up in a cute little man ponytail and his black eye smudge is gone. I see his eyes for the first time in a while. Light blue with flecks of brown and gold. The shirt fits almost too well, accentuating his toned abdomen and muscular arms. My face flushes and I look to his face, hoping he didn't notice me gawking at him.

"Ready?" I ask, grabbing my bags.

"Yeah. Let's go." He slips on the black zip up hoodie I gave him.

I lead him to the door, locking it behind me, and down the stairs to the lobby. I quickly exit as to not answer any questions and find my car. It was a gift from Tony. He insisted I got a cool car when I went car shopping instead of the "old cat lady" car I was going to get. So, he ended up buying me a fancy red sports car. I open the backstory and chuck my backpack in and close the door. I see the soldier marveling at the car from a few feet away.

"Tony." We both say in unison.

"I figured you wouldn't have bought yourself a car like this. Not that it doesn't work for you, you just don't seem like that type of girl." He says, strolling over to the passenger side and getting in. I follow suit and soon we are off to Tony's place.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you liked it! See you soon! xx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~