I whispered. "That 'cheap thing' is everything you could never be."

I moved up to my full height, not caring to take note of her expression as I turned around and made my way into the Senior's block.

I got to the door of my classroom and paused briefly when I spotted Otamayomi. She wasn't crying, she didn't look angry. She just had her elbows propped on her desk with her fingernails digging into her hair and her eyes closed.

I moved away from the door and made my way to the cafeteria. When I had gotten in there — which was empty, by the way — I went to the part of the cafeteria where snacks were sold and bought one meatpie, two egg rolls and a bigi drink, then, walked back to the classroom.

When I got to the door, I found her in the same position but I heard her sniff and I saw drops of tears fall down to her laps.

I sighed and walked towards her, grabbed a seat and moved it near her chair. She raised her head slowly, not looking very suprised to see me, then, took the same position again.

"Bought you these." I said, dropping the bag of snacks I'd bought.

She looked down at the items, then back to me. "What for?" She muttered, almost inaudibly.

"You look down, sometimes eating cheers people up. Well, it works for Ayomide." I shrugged, smiling at her.

She looked down at it, then, rested her head on her desk and looked back at me again. "I don't want it, thanks. I lost my appetite."

I chuckled. "C'mon, have you eaten the egg roll before? It's really delicious."

She shook her head.

"Then try it. You got it for free anyways." I persisted, still, she shook her head.

"Okay then." I said, then, brought a desk right next to hers. I rested my head on it, unintentionally shortening the distance between us. She blinked at me for a while.
"What are you doing?" She whispered.

I smiled a bit. "Wanna talk about what's wrong?"

She kept silent for a minute and I took that as a sign that she didn't want to speak.

"Mandel knows about Joel. About me, like, the real me." She croaked.

I looked back at her, seeing the dread swimming through the pool of brown that filled her eyes and the anger slowly subsiding as she looked back at me, quietly.

"You know what might make you feel better right now?" I whispered, smiling at her a bit. She shook her head, blinking at me.

I looked at her for a while, then, sat back up and reached for my phone, quickly moving through a list of songs after typing words on a search button and connecting my ear piece to the phone. I took one ear piece and put it in her left ear after she sat up, then, the other, in my right. I tapped on the song to play.

"I love this song." She said, lowly, a small smile tugging at her lips. She shut her eyes and moved her head slowly and gently to the rhythm of the music.

I had put the song Abcdefu by Gayle for her to listen to. It seemed like a song she could relate to, and maybe, one to take her unhappiness away.

By the time it had gotten to the chorus, her smile was wiped off and her expression seemed almost blank and she began to sing, lowly, almost inaudibly.

"A b c d e fuck you,
And your mum,
And your sister,
And your job,
And your broke ass car,
And that shit you call art.

Fuck you,
And your friends,
That I'll never see again.
Everybody but your dog,
You can all fuck off."