𝟐. ❙𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐮𝐥𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

Start from the beginning

"I'll do you one better, you're Tina to me now." Morgan joked as he patted her head while walking back to his desk. Valentina only smiled slightly, fine with the nickname.

Suddenly, a blonde girl around Morgan's age had walked through the bullpen, a case file in hand. She had walked right up to Valentina and offered a hand without any sort of warning. "Hi. Special Agent Jennifer Jareau. JJ if you like."

Valentina was slightly taken back by how forward this woman seemed to be, but she still had a nice presence. "Valentina Barnes."

"Youngest person to ever receive a behavioural PhD. I've heard of you. A unique talent for reading people. I'm the unit liaison. My specialty is untangling bureaucratic knots. You'll probably be talking to me a lot. My door is always open. Mostly because I'm never in my office, so just call me on my cell, okay? We'll talk." JJ spoke as she walked around the office, clearly a busy body.

Valentina's first opinion was that her mind was constantly running. She clearly had a lot on her plate and was constantly working, but still seemed to be an incredibly considerate and humble person. Unlike a certain genius sitting across from her.

"Hey, fellow newbie. Nervous for your first day?" Elle, the woman from the sex crimes division Valentina had met during her interview, spoke up. She had also joined the BAU just a few days ago, so both she and Valentina were new here and going through this together.

"No, I'm feeling pretty confident. Especially since I'm already smarter than the smartest guy in the room." Valentina responded, deliberately trying to get under Spencer's skin.

"You're not smarter than me." He retaliated without looking up from the work on his desk. "I beg to differ."

Elle smiled and shook her head at the two. "Well, we got each other's backs. Newbie to newbie."

"BAU team, can you meet me in the conference room, please?" Hotch appeared out of nowhere in a clear rush. "I need to show you something."

No one wasted any time in heading to the conference room, following after Hotch. It didn't take long for Morgan, Elle, JJ, Gideon, Hotch, Spencer and Valentina to filter in, all prepared to start solving this case.

"This is from the Phoenix office. Bradshaw College in Tempe. Six fires in seven months." Hotch began, a video pulled up on the television mounted on the wall.

"Who recorded it?" Morgan questioned, JJ answering. "A student with a digital camcorder. He was watching a fire in the building across from their dorm. The other person you'll see is his roommate, twenty year old Matthew Rowland."

The video began and it started off fairly ordinarily...well, ordinary for the BAU unit. They saw a college boy looking out a window and pointing out the fact that the building across from them was on fire and laughing about it. There was another voice that seemed pretty concerned and willing to call the police, but the boy in frame only saw this as a laughing matter.

They had walked over to their door and saw smoke coming in through the bottom. That was until out of nowhere, one of the boys had caught on fire and started panicking, rightfully so. The boy's friend tried to put out the fire on his friend, but was really struggling to. This was an insanely serious case of arson that was going to get people killed.

•☽.⭒✻════◅∘≼↜.◦◦.↝≽∘▻════✻⭒.☾•

The plane was off to Arizona with the BAU team in it, prepared to profile this unsub and help those who have suffered. Morgan, Gideon and Hotch were all sitting near each other with the case files and resources in front of them while JJ and Elle were sitting across from each other with their own case files, Spencer and Valentina also sitting across from each other, but they had already gotten familiar with the case. They didn't need the file.