chapter 10: Aungia will fall

⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。 ⋆

It had been some time since Na'veya has seen Lo'ak. He'd come to see her every night and sleep on Neteyam's creation with her. Neteyam would come in every now and then as well to check up on her. She kind of liked it here, although she'd really been wanting to go in the ocean ever since she landed here. Of course she couldn't, not unless she wanted the whole clan to know she's here.

Lo'ak told her about the children they met. Aonung, who was a dick. Rotxo seemed pretty nice and Tsireya sounded like an angel. They'd taught them how to ride on ilu, their equivalent of ikran. Lo'ak explained how it felt to flow underwater with the mighty creature beneath him. It made Na'veya laugh because of how exited he was about going so fast underwater. They also taught them how to breathe properly, calming their heartbeat. They'd been practicing for a while now.

Lo'ak would tell her what he learned about holding his breath and Na'veya would secretly practice when he left.

It was broad daylight and like many days before this one, Na'veya wanted to go exploring. Of course she had to stay hidden from the people, luckily for her she was good at that. It's in her blood.

She'd been creeping around, barely visible to the villagers. Na'veya had seen how they hunted for their fish and how they would swim around on their ilu. Of course she kept a safe distance from them, but that didn't take away from the fact that she could see them. She would watch them for hours, trying to get a glimpse of what their day to day life looked like over here.

She was stealthily moving around the edge of the jungle, looking around. Her eyebrows quirked up a bit as she saw Lo'ak. Watching him wasn't something she hated doing. She had to make sure all the pretty Metkayina Na'vi kept their hands to themselves.

Lo'ak was walking over to a boy, he was standing next to his sister and it looked like he was mocking her. Na'veya learned that Lo'ak's sister's name is Kiri and he had a younger sister called Tuk.

There was a small group of turquoise Na'vi circling Lo'ak and Kiri as Neteyam stomped up to them. He pointed his finger at him. Na'veya was too far away from them to hear what they were saying.

Her heartbeat was at a normal pace again as they calmly walked away, not wanting to put more energy into this conversation. Well, they were walking away before Lo'ak turned around again. No, you idiot.

Na'veya frowned as he moved his hand around in front of the turquoise boy's face. He showed his small finger and the other boy looked incredibly interested, he was wondering where he was going with this. Well, that's easy.

The answer is his jaw.

Lo'ak's fist hit his jaw multiple times. 'It's called a punch, bitch!' Was all Na'veya could hear him yell before the other boy lunged at him.

Na'veya's blood started to boil. Watching Lo'ak get beaten up by some random weirdo was enough to make her livid. Her nose started to twitch as her eyes only saw red.

The other boy pulled his arm back to hit Lo'ak once again when a sudden stinging feeling arose in his hand. He looked at his hand and his eyes grew wider as he saw the large arrow sticking out of it. He fell back, gasping as the others did too.

Lo'ak looked at his hand and then at the jungle. He knew it was Na'veya's doing. Lo'ak knew she was good at playing hide and seek, she was nowhere to be found.

But when Aonung scrambled up again to run to his mother, Lo'ak felt a small grin creep up on his face. Such a crybaby, running off to his mother.

But that was before someone blew on the horn.

Lo'ak's ears shot up as he noticed multiple panicking Na'vi running around. He looked over at Neteyam and Kiri, shrugging as they all made their way over to them.

'She is here!'

'The Devil has come for us!'

'We are all going to die!'

The people were running around, yelling over each other as Tonowari, the Olo'eyktan, tried to calm them.

'What is going on?' Jake asked as him and Neytiri came rushing in.

'We don't know.' Kiri answered, not looking away from Tonowari as she did.

Neytiri looked down at her son, frowning. 'And why is there blood on your face?' She asked him.

Lo'ak rubbed his cheek, looking down at the blood on his fingers. Before he could explain, Tonowari started talking.

'My son has been marked!' He yelled, making everybody look up at him as he held up Aungia's black feathered arrow.

Neytiri's eyes grew wide as she saw that damned arrow. Aungia was following them. She's here now.

She shot a look at Jake standing next to her. He gulped as he looked down at her.

The area was filled with gasps and whispers, all Na'vi were worried for their lives.

Lo'ak didn't understand what was going on. What were they saying? What does this mean? 'I'll go wash this off.' He said, looking at his too distracted mother.

He slowly walked off before Tonowari spoke again. 'Aungia is here.' That made Lo'ak stop in his tracks. She is here? But that arrow belonged to Na'veya. She couldn't be— 'The day has come, she has finally found us. We will kill her. We will kill the traitor that took the lives of so many of our beloved people!' They all agreed, yelling with him. 'Aungia will fall.'

It all made sense to Lo'ak now. Those black feathered arrows he knew people warned him about, the day his parents talked about her back in the forest, why she was being so secretive. It was her.

Na'veya is Aungia.

He couldn't believe it. She was the cold blooded killer. She killed other Na'vi. People all over the planet feared her deeply.

But what hurt him the most was that she didn't tell him.

Lo'ak stormed off, running into the jungle before he met eyes with her. With Aungia.

'Is it true?' Lo'ak's voice cracked as he looked at her.

Na'veya sighed, looking into his eyes. 'Please Lo'ak, I didn't want you to find out like this. I wanted you to get to know the real me— Na'veya, not Aungia.'

The moment she shot that arrow, she knew she was done for. Everybody would know that she's here. Even Lo'ak.

'Why didn't you tell me?' Lo'ak asked, still distressed about what he'd just heard.

'Because I wanted you to get to know me first so I could explain the reason behind all of this.' She told him.

Lo'ak frowned. 'Why?' His voice cracked a little.

'I don't know.' She looked down, unable to meet his eyes as Lo'ak shook his head.

He slowly walked backwards, turning around and walking away. His ears were droopy and his eyes sunken.

I'm so sorry, Lo'ak.