Chapter 6

Giyuus Pov

I woke up and I looked over to grant Shinobu a good morning but, she wasn't there. Then I jolted up and panicked for a second thinking that something had happened, or she disappeared like everyone else, before I heard something from the kitchen. It was most likely Shinobu, and she just woke up to go into the kitchen for food. Though, just in case it wasn't her and some demon had broken in I was on guard as I made a small peek around the corner. Yep, just Shinobu. She was making food..in my kitchen. Shes the guest though I should be doing that..its fine I suppose. 

"Goodmorning." - Giyuu

"Goodmorning sleepy head." - Shinobu

"Sleepy head? Did I oversleep?" - Giyuu

"I'm sorry, did I oversleep?" - Giyuu

"No, it was a joke. Silly goose." - Shinobu

"Oh..okay." - Giyuu

I looked over to see what she was doing, as I thought, she was cooking something. It did smell really good; I wonder what she is making. Then I looked back down at her, she was smiling. What she told me yesterday made me think, is she actually happy right now?

"You don't have to fake being happy.." - Giyuu

"Why would you assume I'm no happy?" - Shinobu

"Oh- I just..assumed from what you said-" - Giyuu

"It's fine, Giyuu. I know what you meant. But I am happy right now, I'm glad you're still here." - Shinobu

"Oh..okay." - Giyuu

I was surprised that she would actually admit something like that, usually she just keeps it to herself. Also, why would she be happy about that? Wouldn't she want someone else to be here as well? Wait, maybe she just meant she's glad I didn't disappear. Yea I'm sure that's it.

"I'm done the food now, go sit." - Shinobu

"Ok." - Giyuu

I turned around and walked out of the area, kneeling down and fluffing up the pillow and sat on it. I stared at the table in front of me while I waited for Shinobu to bring it in. Even though I still felt bad that she was the one who cooked even though shes the guest. She brought in two plates of some random meal and set one on both sides then sat down. I stared at it then up at her, she had already started eating though.

"You should have let me cook.." - Giyuu

"Can you even cook?" - Shinobu

"I used to cook with..family, when I was younger." - Giyuu

"I see, how fun!" - Shinobu

I didn't go any farther with the conversation. I knew it would just end with me talking about Tsutako, and if Sabito was too much to think about or even mention, she was definitely so much. The more I think about all the memories I miss her even more.

"Why before her wedding? She was about to have the best day of her life..damn demons."

I think Shinobu noticed the fact I was getting upset because she started to stare at me with a confused face. I just looked down and ate the food, it was really good. Maybe I should get her to cook for me more, but then I might sound mean, probably better to discard that idea. I shortly finished and brough the dish to wash it, after that I did the same for Shinobus after she was finished. I walked back into the room where we slept because I put my stuff in there last night when I saw Shinobu in front of the vanity getting ready, she was still in her robe, maybe I should leave. I stepped back out of the room and sat down at the table for a few minutes before walking back up to the door and knocking. 

"I'm done, just come in." - Shinobu

I opened the door slowly, glancing at Shinobu who was putting her hair up with the butterfly pin. Then I grabbed my clothes and stepped back out into the other room, slipping the robe off and demon uniform on. Then I put on my haori and put the sword on the belt.

"I left my hair tie in there.."

I walked out of the room and back into the other one, but right before I walked in Shinobu oppened the door, we both looked out of eachother.

"Is something wrong?" - Shinobu

"I left my hair tie.." - Giyuu

"Oh, you should let me do your hair!" - Shinobu

"Okay.." - Giyuu

She turned around and grabbed my hair tie from on the floor where I had slept, coming out and pulling me inside, then pushing me down on the floor. I didn't really struggle but I also just wanted to get this over with since I didn't know if she was going to be aggressive with it. But then, she gently brushed. I'll admit, it felt really nice ahving someone else brush my hair. My vision slowly darkened..

Shinobu Pov

"He fu(beep)ing fell asleep."

I almost fell backwards when his body slowly leaned on me. Then I finished his hair and debated waking him up, I mean usually I would, but do we really have anything to do or anywhere to go? Sure, we were going to look for more people but it's not like we need to rush, right? I'll just let him sleep. I pulled the pillow under his head and slipped out of under him, then looked at him. Ill just go outside.

[Words: 886]