Chapter 5| Wedding

Start from the beginning

Panditji:"Vivah Sampan hua! Aaj se aap dono Pati Patni hai"Translaltion: "The rituals have completed! Here by I announce you Husband and Wife."

Reality set in for both Khushi and Manish. Khushi eyes filled with tears as her eyes darted to her Dadi who gave her a reassuring smile while Manish looked at his Dadu who blinked his eyes in reassure.

Pandit:"Go ahead and take blessing of elders"(Pandit ji said when he saw the 2 kids sitting motionless)

Dadu:"Manu..."(His grandfather called his name out making him look at his direction as he stood up)

Feeling the tug on her knotted duppata with Manish's scarf, Khushi also stood up. Manish walked towards his dadu. Khushi looked up the elder man who smiled at her warmly as she bend down to touch his feet. He smiled blessing her when his eyes drifted to Manish who just stood there. As Khushi stood up, Dadaji pulled both his kids in his arms.

Dadaji:"Trust me beta. Both of you will not regret this decision. Just never give up on each other and your relation will bloom above all."

Later on Dadaji's words, Manish and Khushi took blessing from Sharma family as well. Manish, due to such circumstances, missed to see how Chachaji and chachi had no emotion on there face what so ever and how Dadi was the only one in the family who Khushi hugged and cried her heart out to.

Latter along with the other newlywed couple, Khushi and Manish were taken to the temple in the house to gain blessing for there new future. Meanwhile Dadu talked to sharma family about the Bidaai ritual

Dadu:"ji I think that today it self we should do the bidaai as well. My grandson's and I had a plan to leave tomorrow evening for delhi. I heard you all are leaving tonight only?"

Dadi:"ji.. But we haven't gotten any gift yet nor.."

Dadu:"No no we don't want anything. We just want Khushi to come to our house as our daughter."

Dadi:"But how.."

Dadu:"Please don't force on this topic."(Dadi nodded as she stayed quite seeing what a lovely family Khushi got)

While Chachi ji sighed being off the pressure to find dowry for Khushi . Just few hours ago she had realized that Khushi 's in laws were from a big family. big family meant a big dowry and she sure hell wasn't gonna waste her money on just a cursed child.

Chacha:"What every suits you Mr. Malhotra. We can start with bidaai preparation today itself."

Dadu:"Thank you"

When Khushi heard this news from her chachi as she stood in the room which was given to her and dadi that day, She was heartbroken. All this was happening to fast. Her chachiji seemed to happy to get rid of her but she stood there thinking how in just 1 hour she would be all alone between literal strangers. Yes even if that stranger was her husband, she felt scared.

Dadi:(Sensing Khushi 's nervousness)"Beta don't worry. Everything would be fine. Trust me they will treat you like their own daughter far better then people here did."

Chachi:"Don't give her false hope Maa ji. A cursed child like her would just bring sorrow in that house as well. They will also realize her ugliness"(She said as she throw Khushi her bag with all the things that she had brought here which were just 2 piece of cloths)

Chachiji left the room while Dadi sighed and made Khushi sit on the bed to talk to her. Khushi looked at her with tears as she hugged her dadi.

Khushi :"I.. I don't want to go dadi. I want to stay with you. Mom and Dad already left me now how can i stay without you? Please dadi"