Vulnerable

The memory is still rather vivid in my mind. As him and I were stuffing pillows into their cases I walked by him and felt his eyes. I glanced in the mirror to see him side glance at my booty. He totally checked me out and it made me feel all giddy. It felt wrong at the same time because the hurt was still fresh but it felt good to know I was worth checking out.

We passed by eachother again this time we bumped bums and I purposely but lightly made sure to brush my bum across his bum. I felt him look over his shoulder at me after I did that and I could feel my cheeks getting warm.

I wore makeup that day and my eyeliner or something smudged down my cheek a little. After all it was hot in those rooms so I was getting sweaty. But he reached across and wiped the makeup from my cheek.

My breath hitched feeling him touch me. But I smiled at the kind gesture. As the day passed I became mentally wore out from just existing in my thoughts. It was towards the end of the day and I was on my own as he had to go vacuum hallways.

He circled back around to one of my rooms to do the pillows as I ran out of pillow cases. I was  trying to unravel the cord for the vacuum and it just wasn't working with me and I just lost it. I felt the lump grow in my throat as I became frustrated on top of being exhausted.

I let out a tiny sob and just threw the cord on the floor and walked away for a moment. I remember looking at him snd apologizing.

"It's okay, we all have those days." He said in a mellow tone.

For that moment I felt vulnerable, as he just watched me cry over a vacuum cord and he didn't judge me. He just untangled the cord for me so I could vacuum.

It was the smallest gesture but it meant so much at the same time.

He wasn't as talkative that day but he was in his own world. And I remember just looking at him. And I mean really looking at him. All I could think about was how handsome and adorable he was to me. I wondered if he even knew how cute he was. I felt silly for thinking that but it crossed my mind.

He was admirable.