𝒙𝒊𝒊. the aftermath

Start from the beginning

✧⋆· *ೃ⁀➷

real life

     "BLAISE! ZABINI━" DRACO Malfoy hurries across the library, keeping his shouts quiet as to not draw the attention of Madam Pince. (Ever since the war,  Madam Pince has hated the slytherins, for unknown reasons.)

"Yes?" Blaise's answer is almost un-hearable, reminding Draco yet again why he's on this mission. "Is something wrong, Malfoy?" 

"Sort of," Draco shrugs, settling in the chair besides Blaise. "If that is what you wish to call"he lowers his voice dramatically"poisoning." Blaise stares at Draco in interest; in his head, Draco cheers softly, because part of his goal is complete

"Poisoning?" 

"Theodore.

"What has Nott done to you?" Blaise asks carefully. "Last I checked, you fouralong with Riddleare best buddies.

"He's offended Cherry," Draco reveals. "He can't do that: especially not to harm her.

"Harm her, you say?" 

Draco hums. He's known there's something behind Blaise and Cherry's relationship, whether it is an acquaintanceship, friendship, or romantic interest, he isn't sure. "What do you need me to do?" Blaise resigns. (Because he's always seen Cherry as the younger sister he didn't have. Cherry was queen, he was king, and together? They made hell arrive to Earth. He would do anything and everything for her.) 

"Nothing," says Draco, surprising Blaise. "It is more about what you need to give to me.

"Er ..."

"Yes?"

Blaise coughs pointedly. "Do you actually mean you're going to poison him?" 

"'Course not," Draco laughs awkwardly. "He's my matenah, I was assigned to ask if you want to join the eighth year slytherin party tomorrow night."

"That's good." Both of the boys whirled around, surprised someone was listening.

"Honestly," Hermione Granger sighs, "you'd think that you two out of all people would understand the point of secrecythe son of the seven-timed widow, the infamous Black Widow, and a former death eater." Both of them looked down in something that looked like shame, before Hermione interrupted, "Don't take it the wrong way. Malfoy, I do admire the gut you had during the war. And, Zabini? Your motheryour mothershe's been my inspiration ever since I learned 'bout her.