First Night

As Kai wandered around, he found a door. A yellow, dim lighted door. Blue, grey, and even orange stars decorated the door, even up to the small sign that said 'Moon Lit Corner'. Beside it said 'Out of Order' with a picture of a robot, who looked exactly like Sun but moon based, resting his head on his hand with one eye open and a finger to his mouth. He was shushing whoever read the sign.

Kai shrugged, figuring it was better than watching his oblivious sister play and laugh.

Opening the door, there was a huge room covered in pillows and blankets. Stuffed animals lined the walls, some were loose on the floor.

A soft music box played from speakers in the ceiling, which played a calming melody.

Kai felt safe in the room, like nothing could hurt him.

"Now now, what are you doing  here? Aren't you a bit old? And early? It's 9:40," A voice surrounded Kai, yet he couldn't see the one who spoke.

"Why, what's this mask you have? It looks like an exploding star.."

"I-It's a supernova."

"Ah, so you know the name of them? That's nice.. not many kids know that," A robot walked out of the shadows, their hands behind their back and a soft smile on their face. They held out their hand.

"The name's Moondrop, but everyone calls me Moon. I'm guessing you're Kai Holdsten?"

"Yeah.. I am.."

Moon's eyes glitched for a moment before his face turned into a look of pure sadness.

"Your..parents. Oh my.."

"Wh- how do you know about my parents?"

"Sun and I have constantly updated statuses on every child. I was just checking to see who your parents were, but they dissapeared from my files, which meant they passed away.."

Kai started crying again, falling onto his knees as the door had fully shut behind him.

"Oh my supernova, cry it out. This room is soundproof, nobody will hear. I'll always be here, you can always come to me."

Kai felt Moon pick him up, carrying him like a small child.

"Now now, we must get you back to Sun. He'll get worried when you don't get back.."

"No... please... I feel safe here," Kai held onto Moon, as if he were to dissapear when he let go.

Moon smiled and turned around, walking over to a corner of the room that was covered in pillows and blankets. Moon set Kai down, covering him up with the blankets.

"Sleep, my supernova, I'll only be gone for a moment to tell Sun you're safe. Just listen to the music box and relax," Moon whispered before leaving the room.

'I wonder why this place is out of order..' Kai wondered before he started drifting to sleep.
__________________

"WHERE IS KAI?! TELL ME! WHERE IS MY BROTHER?!" Ophillia screeched when she woke up from her nap, finding her brother no where. They were lucky all the kids had left by then.

"Now now starlight! He's alright! I took him to a different room, he'll be here soon!" Sun tried to calm her down.

Just that moment, Kai walked in. He was now covering his face, yet Ophillia knew something was wrong.

"Kai? Kai what happened? You were gone the entire day!" Ophillia cried, running to hig her older brother.

"Ophillia... mom and dad won't be picking us up. I got a call this morning, they got in a wreck. They died," Kai looked away, his voice breaking multiple times while he spoke.

"What? N-No! Mom and Dad wouldn't do that! They wouldn't leave us like that!" She screamed running to Sun. "Tell Kai that he's wrong! He's lying!"

Sun kneeled down, holding Ophillia's face in his hands and rubbing her tear stained cheeks.

"Sweet heart, I'm sorry, but he's right. We called the hospital and your parents are gone.. but, you can always stay here with me!" Sun seemed to force his smile wider than his metal body could go, Kai knew now why Sun hated when kids would wander outside the daycare area.

"I promise to keep you safe my starlight, it's your choice, I won't make you choose me over another family."

Ophillia looked hurt, looking from Kai to Sun.

"Kai... can we stay here? If we go to another family.. we won't be able to see Mr.Sun anymore.."

Kai nodded and walked over to hug her, not wanting to let go.

"I was hoping you'd say that. We gotta hide from Ms.Vannessa though, she won't like that we stay here."

"I'll be sure to check with the new daycare guard that they know about you two," Sun said, picking up Kai and Ophillia.

A high cackle came from the rafters above, scaring Ophillia. In a flash, Moon was on the ground and walking over to Sun.

"Oh? What's this? Two children left after closing? Sunny, you know-"

"Mr.Moon!" Kai interrupted the celestial animatronic.

"Ah! Kai! My sweet supernova, did you chose to stay?" Moon questioned, taking Ophillia from Sun's arms.

"Oh my.. you look like a star! Did Sunny help make that mask? Or did you and your brother make matching ones?" Moon lifted Ophillia into the air, twirling around to try and get a smile.

"C'mon! Where's that smile? A little girl like you shouldn't frown so much, it isn't healthy for your sweet face!" Moon started to tickle Ophillia, which eventually got her to smile and laugh.

"Alright alright, it's nearly 12am! You two should get to bed. I'll take them to the nap-time corner, then we'll get them food before opening."

"Shouldn't they eat now? They haven't had dinner," Sun clasped his hands together, a worried tone in his voice.

"I suppose.."

Ophillia had now fallen asleep in Moon's arms, cuddling into Moon's chest.

"Oh. Well I suppose we should get them to bed first," Sun whispered, fixing Kai's position so that he was being carried like a koala.

"These poor babies..."

"Bed. Now."

Moon's code was now fully functional, more than it was before. He had no ill intentions, only the protective parent feeling that he used to have before the glitch.

Moon took Kai from Sun, taking the two kids to the naptime area. Sun followed close behind, scared what Moon might do.

To Sun's surprise, Moon tucked the two kids in, gave them the special plushies (ones of Sun and Moon that only the good kids got), and started up his music box. He didn't dare utter a single word the entire time.

Sun smiled, happy that Moon found someone else to care for, but he feared what would happen if a new wave of the glitch came over the pizzaplex.
__________________

Oh? A daycare security guard? Wonder who it is...