9:34 AM

[Warning: death is mentioned! I will put TWs whenever necessary]

"Kai! Kai! Can you be any slower? Let's go! I bet Mr.Sun will have a present ready for you!" Ophillia giggled, running to her brother and dragging him to the slide.

"Star, I can't. I'm too big for the slide. I'll go through the other way," Kai fixed his mask, which was a supernova, inspired by their daycare caretaker. Ophillia had one too, but her's looked more like a star, which is where she got her nickname.

"No! Anybody can go down! Please?" She dragged out the 'please', using her puppy dog eyes.

Kai sighed, rolling his eyes even if Ophillia couldn't see it. He sat down in the slide, his baby sister in his lap. They both laughed as they went down. Kai may have turned 14 today, but he still loved his baby sister as any brother should.

Once they had safely slid into the ball pit, Sundrop turned around, rushing over to pick up Ophillia and help Kai out.

"Mr.Sun! Yay!" Ophillia cheered. Kai said a quick 'Hi' before running off and hiding inside one of the jungle gyms.

Ophillia giggled and ran around with the other kids. She laughed and ran and jumped and everything else a child her age would do.

Kai watched as she played. A few hours passed. It was 9:34 am.

His phone rang, it was a weird number he'd never seen before. One that he wasn't so sure about.

Answering the phone, Kai said a quiet 'Hello?' When the woman on the otherside started to speak.

"Is this Kai Holdsten?" The woman asked.

"This is him...?" Kai got out of the play structure and Sundrop looked over at him, tilting his head like a confused dog.

The woman on the phone seemed to choke up, her voice quivering.

"Your... your parents got in a car wreck. They didn't make it.. I'm sorry for your loss," The woman said before the line went dead.

Kai couldn't help his tears. He couldn't do anything about it. There was nothing to be done.

Kai turned around, all the tiny kids were all laughing and having fun. They had their parents, or at least had a parental figure.

Kai didn't.

Ophillia didn't.

They thought of Sundrop as a dad, sure, but he treats them like he would any other kid.

Too many thoughts were running through Kai's mind, so he turned back around and left the little area, not knowing of the robot watching him leave.