Chapter twelve: "Until the rivers all run dry"

Summary: It's the big day! Ready for your wedding with Spencer Reid? 

Warnings: Ok, seriously, this is the fluffiest thing I've ever written. You've been warned. Also, is it just me or JJ wasn't talking in plural during his conversation with Spencer? Also, smut.

Word count: 8.8K

A/N: Thank you so much for sharing this journey with me! I hope you enjoyed it! Thank you for all the comments and feedback. I hope to see you around for the third and final part of this saga in a few months 

.・゜゜・.・゜゜・.・゜゜・.・゜゜・.・゜゜・

(Y/N)'s point of view

Finally, it was the day. I was ready and a few minutes away from marrying Spencer Walter Reid. I loved saying his entire name, and I was very excited to know that was about to become my last name as well. If you ask me, I never imagined, not even in my wildest dream, that day was ever going to become real. Yet there I was, in my white dress, locked in a room with my mother and Lu, after the wedding planner had taken everyone else out to start the ceremony, waiting the last couple of minutes to become Mrs. Reid.

The whole day had been a blur. Mom woke me up extra early that morning. Everything was ready and packed, but she insisted we share one last family breakfast. It was nice, I have to admit it, but I missed at least an extra hour of sleep, that I really needed, 'cos I had barely closed my eyes the prior night. I tried my best to sleep, but I was too excited to even close an eye. Spencer and I talked on the phone until late, trying to understand what was going on. We were both pretty shocked at what was about to happen. It felt like a dream. A dream I didn't want to wake from. Never.

- "Are you sure you wanna marry me, chipmunk?"- he had whispered on the line as I rolled in bed, frowning.

- "Why do you ask? Are you having cold feet?"- I questioned back, and I heard him chuckle immediately.

- "Never. I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you way before I even realized I was in love with you."

- "Then why do you ask?"

- "Because..."- Spencer made a long pause and I sat on my bed, knowing exactly what was going through his mind.

- "If you say it's because you think I can have a better guy than you, I'm going to our apartment just to smack you, hon"- I thought he was going to laugh, or at least chuckle, but he didn't.

- "I don't want you to wake up one day and realize you could have done better."

It was heartbreaking to know Spencer wasn't just scared and nervous before the wedding. He actually thought he wasn't enough for me. He just didn't realize how much he deserved every good thing that happened to him, and every ounce of happiness life could give him.

- "You are so lucky I'm gonna marry you, Spencer Walter Reid."- I whispered hearing his breathing at the other side of the line. I could basically see him laying on our bed, staring at the ceiling in his old Caltech shirt.

- "Why?"

- "Because I am making it my life purpose to show you how much you deserve to be happy. And trust me, I am making you so happy you won't even believe it's real"- finally, Spencer chuckled and I smiled at that sound. My heart fluttered and my stomach filled with butterflies. Yes, that still happened. That's how much I love him.

- "I already can't believe how happy you make me, ma cherie."

- "Well, get ready, it's gonna get even better."