Chapter three: "To die by your side"

Summary: The team is doing its best to find Emily. Spencer is struggling with the fear of losing his friend and the thought of not being enough to keep his girlfriend safe.

Word count: 11,5K

Warnings: Lots of angst, Criminal Mind classic and painful canon, smut, mention of drug addiction and drug use.

A/N: Hey guys!! Thank you for reading! And sorry for the angst! Remember feedback is more than welcome if you are enjoying this story: vote and comment if you can.

┅┅┅┅┅┅┅༻❁༺┅┅┅┅┅┅┅

(Y/N)'s point of view

I was having an awful flashback. I was again outside Tobias Hankel's house and Morgan was telling me Spencer was nowhere to be seen. It was the same feeling of fear and panic that didn't let me think straight all those years ago, and that ended up making me yell at JJ.

The fear of losing someone you love can be the fuel you need to bring them back or a paralyzing energy that restrains each and every one of your thoughts and movements. At that minute, it was the second.

I walked to Penelope's office to tell her we were ready to take off to Boston and didn't even knock on the door. She was talking on the phone with someone, and soon I realized she was leaving voicemails in every phone number that had ever belonged to Prentiss.

- "Hey, it's me. Hotch asked me to try all your numbers, and I have this as an old listing, and you probably don't even use it anymore, but if it is you and you're out there, come home, please. God, Emily, what did you think, that we would just let you walk out of our lives? I am so furious at you right now! Then I think about how scared you must be, how you're in some dark place all alone. But you're not alone, ok? You are not alone. We are in that dark place with you. We are waving flashlights and calling your name. So if you can see us, come home. If you can't, then.."- I rested my head on her shoulder as I heard her sobbing- "Then you stay alive. 'Cause, we're coming!"

- "We love you, Emily! We are your family"- I added and broke into tears as well. Garcia hugged me and we cried for a few minutes. I needed to let it all out before I put on my BAU profiler mask and hid every feeling I had.

- "We are gonna bring her home, and we are gonna get so wasted!"- I whispered and chuckled between sobs

- "Oh, we are gonna get so drunk after this!"- Garcia agreed and wiped off her tears- "Let's save our friend, munchkin."

We were on a plane to Boston. Emily had been captured by Doyle, Garcia had shown us the footage and for a second, we all thought the worst. Also, the police had detained Clyde Easter in that city and we needed to talk to him as soon as possible. He had to give us some more info about Doyle and his relationship with Prentiss. Anything that could help us find them.

- "Emily walked into a trap. It looks like Doyle got into the SUV, but from this angle, you can see that he didn't. Which I wished Boston PD would have told me before I started watching it. Sorry again for the screaming."

Penelope showed us again the footage of the incident, and we analyzed it frame by frame.

- "She threw a flash-bang grenade into a car. She's lucky the 3 people inside didn't die. Is anybody else bothered by that?"- Morgan was clearly upset, he had been angry for the last 10 hours, after Prentiss' disappearance. I had been upset when we discovered she had slept with Doyle, but at that point, I just wanted to bring my friend safe. I didn't care what she had done.

- "Well, three bad guys."- Rossi gave him a sarcastic remark and shook his head.

- "Illegal as it is, I think Prentiss knows she has to be as ruthless as Doyle."- Hotch pointed out and I nodded in support as I sipped my tea.